• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quality of Survival Games Maps

J

District 13
Reaction score
Survival Games Maps. Without maps, we wouldn't have a great Survival Games here, however, I feel as if the quality of some maps being accepted are going down. I don't mean to bash anyone's builds that were accepted onto this server, but I mean as if the buildings, terraforming, and survival has disappeared and it's more like flatland and minimum buildings to increase more PvP maps. Survival Games is revolved around PvP, but it isn't only revolved around it. There's a reason why it's called Survival Games, maps are supposed to be made for players to explore not to get full iron out of a tier 2 and try to kill. What I'm trying to say is basically when maps get accepted, I would like them to be more focused on survival, not just PvP. While we all do enjoy PvP, a map was usually made for players to explore it, find secrets, and/or venture across the whole map.

Maps are a great deal of importance towards Survival Games, but maps such as Green Grass with very little builds, and flatland is just another map based towards PvP whereas Alaskan Village or Valleyside University is a great map to explore with great places for PvP. This thread may be a bit confusing but to sum it up, I would like more maps that are created and/or accepted to be more focused on survival instead of PvP.

Thanks for reading and put down your opinions here as well.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
As much as I agree with you, I also really enjoy playing those "PvP" based maps.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
For me I'm personally an aesthetics guy. However, I understand the need for pvp favored maps. However, the quality of build teams has dropped, yes offense. It's too easy to submit a lazily built map with a lot of flatland and have it become popular if there are only average builds. I don't like that about the community and the only way to fix it is for map makers to not make pvp maps, but make maps that look great, then incorporate a pvp aspect. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For me I'm personally an aesthetics guy. However, I understand the need for pvp favored maps. However, the quality of build teams has dropped, yes offense. It's too easy to submit a lazily built map with a lot of flatland and have it become popular if there are only average builds. I don't like that about the community and the only way to fix it is for map makers to not make pvp maps, but make maps that look great, then incorporate a pvp aspect. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
+1

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
When maps are posted, they usually have a vote ballot on them, and that's the platform that the players get to choose whether they want to play the map or not, and this has resulted in the SGers wanting maps that ensure fast-paced PVP oriented maps that they can get stacked quick and the only problems are fast and held in PVP.

Unfortunately, this gets really repetitive and boring for most, and that has caused many many players to leave for lack of interesting things to do.

Want to know why UHC is popular, that's because everything is different every game on a grander scale, but even that is falling apart with the advent of cutclean and so on and so forth.

And these people that want to just PVP? They're tired of exploring and discovering, they want to be good at things and slowly work their way to becoming the best, but SG, UHC, and Minecraft were never made to expect the new needs and desires of players.

Either way, even if we made maps that promoted exploration, they would be completely explored.

Nothing lasts forever, and as for new original maps, they won't either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci