• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PVP - The Beginners Handbook

Did this help you with your PVP?

• Yea

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

ilovepuffles111

Spectator
Reaction score
Introduction
This is a little tutorial thingy I decided I would make to help the new tributes of MCSG and/or the people who are just not that good at PVP (me included ;p)

1. The Bow

The bow is a easy to use weapon after you get practise on it. You can easily snipe people from a distance and if there high up, knock 'em off and that would possibly kill them. You can't get perfect with a bow within 2 minutes of using it, practice! Whether its on a multiplayer server or single player, shoot some moving targets from different distances.

2. The Sword

Unlike the bow, the sword is a close range weapon and is very deadly if used correctly. Some people (including me) aren't the best with a sword but like the bow, practice. However with the sword there are different techniques to use it that I will cover later on.

3. The Fishing Rod

The fishing rod can be a very handy tool to use it PVP (even though alot of people hate it). The best use for a fishing rod is to knock people into an obstacle or hitting them away. However, the fishing rod doesn't do any damage so don't depend to kill people with it.

4. Block Hitting

With the sword, block hitting is a good thing to do, especially if you are on low health. To block hit you press down the left and right mouse buttons so you hit and block at the same time. As I said, this can be a very handy thing to use but when you use it you can't hit as fast so I tend to use it when I'm on low health.

5. Strafing

Strafing is a hard to learn but handy thing to do. There are different ways of strafing whether its circling your opponent, going in circles (pressing w, a, s, d at different times repeatedly), charging at your opponent then repeatedly pressing a then d whilst holding w. It's also good for avoiding arrows coming straight for ya face (or knee).

6. Critical hits

A critical hit does alot of damage to your opponent and alot of other people use it. To do a critical hit (crit for short) you simply jump and when your falling you hit your opponent. However, doing this can come with a consequence, when you jump up your opponent might take advantage of this and hit you in the air, getting a combo (something we will look at later).

7. COMBO!

A combo is, like in any other fighting game, when you repeatedly hit a player and they do not hit you, normally, causing ALOT of damage, unfortunately getting a combo on YOU is a pain.

8. Take a break

If your like me your are most probably easily angered so after dying 60 times in a row (over exaggeration, I know), take a break, there's no point breaking your PC over a game. After having a good break you could go back into the action!

9. Please, no Johns

No one likes a bad sport, especially if they are blaming it on something else. "My mouse didn't work", "I lagged" etc etc. There is no point blaming your death on something, unless you did lag then... Still don't bother blaming it.

10. Practice

Many of you will of most probably heard this one saying; Practice makes perfect. Because it's true. Practice on strafing, shooting, fishing rodding, hitting people with your sword and everything else mentioned. A good place to practice is on thebattlegrounds.

Good luck tributes!

Last edited:

Fleek

Spectator
Reaction score
This would be a good thread. But there have been so many of these done before that you should added something fresh like your own tactics or something, also there are alot of mistakes e.g spelling and grammar. However great thread and easy to understand for the younger players of mcsg!

ilovepuffles111

Spectator
Reaction score
This would be a good thread. But there have been so many of these done before that you should added something fresh like your own tactics or something, also there are alot of mistakes e.g spelling and grammar. However great thread and easy to understand for the younger players of mcsg!
Thanks for telling me 'bout the spelling and grammar mistakes I forgot to check over. Oops..

J

District 13
Reaction score
*The fishing rod can actually do half a heart sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci