• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PvP Strats: How I PvP

Is this a good strategy?

• Total voters

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
Now, we all have our different strategies on PvP'ing, but I thought I might share mine. When I engage, I like to get my opponent on fire before any real action begins. I might go around a tree or corner and crouch down. While they come around the bend, I place the fire where they are running to. If I am successful, I run for a few seconds (2-3) and then turn. If I miss the fire, I keep trying until I have them lit. Let's say you have them on fire and you're ready to engage. Hopefully you're full health. What I would do is take out my bow (I'm usually 8-16 blocks away from them) and start swarming them with multiple medium-quick pullback shots, moving around the area as I shoot each arrow. By this time, the fire has worn off and they're either dead, low, or running. Since I'm usually pretty good with the bow, I can manage a snipe as they flee, but you could chase them for a bit if you aren't so confident.
I started using this strategy very recently and I hope that it gives you another perspective of the uses of these great weapons. Also, feel free to reply to the thread with your own strategies on how you PvP so that others can have lots of choices.
Thanks for reading my first thread!
Bag out.​

Last edited:

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
You don't even need a sword o_O
Exactly, usually, I try to use my sword as little as possible. This is also an exceptional plan for taking someone out with a weapon whence you don't have one.
This tactic is good against the average player yes, but how about when you vs a good player. For example I know many people that can easily dodge an fns and nowadays opening up fights with fns is too predictable in my opinion because everyone uses it now. If you miss the flint and steel the player can get a crit on you and if you keep on trying to light the player on fire there is a high chance the player will dodge it and get extra crits on you. Anyway that's my opinion on the whole thing but apart from that seems a nice tactic c:
Nice of you to post your point of view. I usually try to set the corner on fire so that they do not expect it, usually making a blind turn. It's very helpful especially on maps with a lot of buildings that don't have many slabs or other non-light-able blocks. When you don't see a danger on an upcoming block, you rush straight towards it. I use this trait of being sure-of-yourself to my advantage. A lot of really good strategies of all kinds in life are based on how humans react to them. That's why I usually light FnS on blocks that you can't see from the first person POV. It's a great way to trick them into being lit, or even into making them go where you want them to, when they may not even be aware of it.

Last edited:

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
This tactic is good against the average player yes, but how about when you vs a good player. For example I know many people that can easily dodge an fns and nowadays opening up fights with fns is too predictable in my opinion because everyone uses it now. If you miss the flint and steel the player can get a crit on you and if you keep on trying to light the player on fire there is a high chance the player will dodge it and get extra crits on you. Anyway that's my opinion on the whole thing but apart from that seems a nice tactic c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci