• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Project 1845

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
After watching the most recent Minecraft Monday Show, I stumbled upon this project. It is absolutely amazing! Here is some information about it..

Quoted from the PMC page:

"Project 1845 in a nutshell is a world first open-source map of ancient Chinese landmarks in and around Beijing City From Ming - Qing dynasties. Major projects as part of the bigger project include:
  • 1:1 scale replica of the ENTIRE Beijing City back in 1750
  • 1:1 scale replica of the Forbidden City back in 1750
  • 1:1 scale replica of Ming Dynasty Tombs 1368 - 1641
  • 1:1 scale replica of Summer Palace in 1911
  • 1:1 scale replica of Yuanmingyuan 1760 - 1901
This entire project is eligible to become a world record once completed at the largest 1:1 scale replica user-built building project in the entire sandbox game genre.
Please take note that almost all major landmarks on themselves are world-first 1:1 scale builds in Minecraft at least, due to complexity and lack of simple schematics.

Current Statistics During Construction:
  • 5.0% Total Completed
  • One Year and Eleven Months of Construction So Far
  • 105,012,856 Blocks Used So Far
  • Will Contain Approximately 2,100,000,000 blocks
  • Approximately 4-10 Years to Go
  • Over 120 Kilometers of minecart rail to travel on (75+ miles)
  • Scale: 1:1 ( 1 block = 1 Cubic Meter )
  • Map Size: 16,000 x 16,000 Blocks (256 square kilometers)
  • Anniversary of Groundbreaking: 17 July 2011
  • Amount of Buildings: ~360-420,000
(Statistics here will change during construction)
Current Project Records:
  • Largest Urban Minecraft Project
  • Largest 1:1 scale Replica
  • 5th Largest Minecraft Project Ever
  • Most "Diamonds" for any PMC submission in any category
There is more to the project than just building a Minecraft map. We are also porting it into MinecraftEDU to teach people about history, language and geography. Also the project is helping promote the original rare map and to help in its restoration process so more people can enjoy this unique piece of history which has been hidden from the public for centuries.
We are attempting a world record with it becoming the largest single 1:1 scale replica build project in the entire sandbox game genre which has been confirmed to be a legit world record with the Guinness world record books. This has been confirmed by Guinness but it isn't our main aim of the project.
The entire project is fully downloadable by everyone and the download is updated monthly. You can download the latest snapshot at the Minecraft World Save button and search for previous worldsave snapshots."

PMC Page: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/project-1845/
So what do you guys think?

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm surprised you haven't heard about this already, it was posted about a year ago :/
None the less, very cool and very impressive! This thing will probably only be at 70% or so by the time I get out of college, I'm about to head into highschool this fall. :p

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm surprised you haven't heard about this already, it was posted about a year ago :/
None the less, very cool and very impressive! This thing will probably only be at 70% or so by the time I get out of college, I'm about to head into highschool this fall. :p
I was surprised too!
But then again, I don't really know much about big projects like these.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci