• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Post-Mortem Activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikarego

Spectator
Reaction score
Thusfar we have has several ideas from countless players, who say things like "I wish we could​
sponsor someone after we die. Like what if we could give them some iron or messages or something?" Others believe that we should be able to edit the map somehow with like ten blocks per 5 minutes or something.
The main idea connecting these is the idea that after we die... WE STILL WANT TO BE​
INVOLVED! Some games are fun to watch, sometimes it'll get really interesting, but the fact that the chests are randomized means interesting games are not guaranteed. Sometimes you'll get lucky and someone will find a secret challenge or password bunker and you watch them attempt it while yelling "IT'S 5678 YOU IDIOT!". Sometimes someone will get trapped in that brick-roofed building on the city map with the trap button, and they might start telling a story or something. But these scenarios are quite rare, more often than not you'll be sitting there waiting for the game to end. Such an issue is most evident now, where the server resets after every game. What does that mean, boys and girls? That's right, it means we are arbitrarily sitting there for the end of the game, with the only benefit being that we know when it is time to rejoin.
So here's the purpose of this post: How would you allow people to have fun after they died?​
Would it be so simple as to be able to see other spectators? I could imagine that being fun. As for me, I think that after you die, you should be allowed to sponsor someone once or twice every 10 minutes. We do this with a command that, in the same way as the /kit command, will have a timer on it. You can only give yourself a certain amount of items every 10 minutes, and you give them to someone by tossing it to them (commonly with the "Q" key). Watching a game is a lot more interesting when you have committed some action to it. Now you really ARE backing a player, and it's a more interactive experience!
But that's just my opinion. I want to hear what you guys think. How would you change it?​

[tl;dr:] This game kinda sucks after you die, how would you change that?

If this gets enough activity, I'll make a poll with all the options and maybe we can trigger a new game mechanic? It'd be nice. Thanks for reading.

Rtzon

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree, we need something like this. Maybe add activities to the lobby and spectators have the choice to go to the lobby. Of course, these aren't really high-priority things. For now, just watch a YouTube video or something.

Shikarego

Spectator
Reaction score
That could be cool, I like that idea! Well yeah, I totally understand that, but I'm talking about when they have the luxury of thinking about such mechanics.

Cab839

Spectator
Reaction score
I think I was on a server once where if you died, every certain period of time you got some money. I think it was ever 5 minutes or something. IDK exactly how much but you could buy like 2 or 3 loaves of bread with each amount of money you got. We should try to incorporate something like that

Kaapo

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah, anything like this would definitely be an improvement, as it stands now I've only ever bothered spectating 2 games to the end, usually I just disconnect right after dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci