• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please stop the Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zotikus

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, so...

The amount of hackers today has been absolutely out of this world. I have lost 17 games in a row to hackers, flying, kill aura hackers and its impossible to win. I haven't seen a moderator in a game in a very long time so something needs to be done, fast.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but i can assure you that they are either not enough moderators, or the moderators arent doing their jobs properly. I'm not here to tell the staff team to do anything, but im just asking - Please, please, PLEASE can the moderators focus on more in-game than forums and TS because it is getting ridiculous now and not just me, but the whole clan and even my friends outside the clan are constantly raging and to be honest, we've had enough of this.

PLEASE do something more. Please try harder and work harder. Sorry again if i insulted anyone i wasnt intending too but its just gone a bit far over the edge and i never see mods in game (apart from Lactios_ occasionally). IT has come to a point where it is nearly unplayable and even when u do play it's extremely frustrating.

Thanks...

M

MattGlowstone

Zotikus, mod are trying to stop hackers, many mods are on teamspeak and in game, all you have to do is go on teamspeak and poke a mod about a hacker, or you can record and report them through the report section on the forums, I hope this helped. :)
-MattGlowstone

Ssosme

Survivor
Reaction score
It takes time and hard work for the mods to stop hackers. The most we players can do is at least capture footage or images and put them to justice by reporting them. They will do there parts by doing the punishments. I think they are coming up with plugins and such to stop this. But I don't know for sure.

Zotikus

Survivor
Reaction score
Zotikus, mod are trying to stop hackers, many mods are on teamspeak and in game, all you have to do is go on teamspeak and poke a mod about a hacker, or you can record and report them through the report section on the forums, I hope this helped. :)
-MattGlowstone
Yeah i could go on the TeamSpeak and poke a mod but i always get a response like "I'm busy ask someone else" which is very helpful.

Reaction score
Yeah i could go on the TeamSpeak and poke a mod but i always get a response like "I'm busy ask someone else" which is very helpful.
as much as i used to think the same as you, i can't agree with you know. mods do as much as they can to rid the servers of hackers. it is not permanent since hackers will always be there but i feel as if people spend there upmost time to get rid of hackers.
you should also realise that mods are human and when they say they are busy that is enough said, they have lives and they don't have to use all of it on a video game.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
And how many of those hackers have you recorded and reported?

Edit : It's not completely fair to blame the moderators for this problem. They are volunteers and don't get payed for their hard work and dedication towards the server. If they respond with a message such as "Currently busy" it usually is because they already are busy with a hacker, or reports etc.

The least you could do is to try to record the hackers yourself and report them, or poke a moderator to tell them that said person is hacking. If there is no moderator online, or no one available, just save the name and poke them some other time.

Last edited:

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I think what I find most aggravating is the fact that reports I send are a lot of the time pointless. I know this sounds like hate to the staff, but there are a lot of new, inexperienced moderators who don't fully understand hacked clients. So I'll report someone who is clearly hacking, but the player won't be banned because to a new inexperienced moderator it's just "high sensitivity" or something. Anyways the hacker problem is starting to die down and I appreciate that. You should take this time to learn how to kill hackers though, because in the state the servers are in, you really can't win without killing hackers. Anyways I hope us as the community, an the staff team, will improve in making the servers more enjoyable.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
As many other people have already explained, moderators are human too and there is only around 130 of us to moderate thousands of daily network players, so we can't catch every hacker. We are doing things such as regular (and successful) hacker clean sweeps, the devs are constantly improving the anti-cheat plugin, and new moderators are often hired. Remember that you can do your bit by reporting these players here on the forums, it's a huge help to us and gets rid of hackers faster.

I think what I find most aggravating is the fact that reports I send are a lot of the time pointless. I know this sounds like hate to the staff, but there are a lot of new, inexperienced moderators who don't fully understand hacked clients. So I'll report someone who is clearly hacking, but the player won't be banned because to a new inexperienced moderator it's just "high sensitivity" or something.
I understand that most newer moderators ask more experienced mods for opinions when handling hackers, however even those who have experience can have difficulty with some evidence as there are many factors, and despite wanting to ban as many hackers as possible, an unfair ban leads to a messy dispute and someone removed from the network who shouldn't have been.
If you want to help with this, try pointing out and specifically highlighting parts of the evidence which show the offense if you feel it's disputable. Remember however, leave the video itself unedited (no slow motion or text on screen) for a clearer view.

Due to the countless times this topic has been brought up, I will be locking this thread. Hopefully the other posters and I have cleared up any issues you have, but you also are welcome to privately message me with any issues or queries you may have.

TL;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci