• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

please fix [lag]

yayapapatata

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi, I keep dieing cause of lag, A lot of people do. They freeze in mid air and people who are not lagging hit them and they die. Its unfair to die like that. and in the comments dont post its my computer or my internet. A lot of people die cause of lag. Please fix this - Thanks!

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Nope, there is a difference between ghosting and lag. With lag, you still move, though you will appear jumpy. Ghosting you literally can't move, the server thinks you are in one place while on your client you are running around on the other side of the Map.

In regards to your actual question, I hate to tell you this, but it probably is your internet. It may not be, but you need to provide appropriate details, such as the region you play on, times you see it, specific servers, etc.

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Nope, there is a difference between ghosting and lag. With lag, you still move, though you will appear jumpy. Ghosting you literally can't move, the server thinks you are in one place while on your client you are running around on the other side of the Map.

In regards to your actual question, I hate to tell you this, but it probably is your internet. It may not be, but you need to provide appropriate details, such as the region you play on, times you see it, specific servers, etc.
Thought so. Thanks.

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
This isn't MCSG's fault, this is your own internet connection. Try playing on closer servers to you. If you're playing on the closest servers, check your router and such, and try upgrading your internet. If you can't do that, you're outta luck.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
FOR DAH LAST TIME ITS NOT MY INTERNET, MY INTERNET IS FINE HOW IT IS
Please read what leo explained about the difference between ghosting and lagging. Please consider that your internet could be the cause of your ghosting. I had the same problem of ghosting out of games before I upgraded my internet and now I'm fine.

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
FOR DAH LAST TIME ITS NOT MY INTERNET, MY INTERNET IS FINE HOW IT IS
Could you go on speedtest.net and post the results?

Just so you know, when people freeze in mid-air, it can be them, but it can also be you. If it's happening a lot, then it's probably an issue on your end. For me, internet lag consists of being able to break blocks, not being able to open chests, chat doesn't show up, etc.

FPS lag is just that your computer isn't great. A few ways to fix this:

1. Lower your render distance (Options > Video Settings) - I wouldn't recommend playing on tiny, but small might be OK.
2. Change your graphics to fast instead of fancy (Options > Video Settings) - this usually just changes leaves to solid instead of see-through blocks.
3. Other small changes in video settings (Options > Video Settings) - try turning off clouds, and turning particles to minimal, this might help a little bit.
4. Download optifine - this can double fps (which is common).
5. Maybe change your performance? (Options > Video Settings) - Max FPS might be better, but tbh I'm not sure.

That's all I got, besides either getting better internet/better computer.

Hope this helps!

-SliceofBread123

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci