• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Please bring back percentage voting!

Do you think that percentage voting should be re-enabled?

• Total voters

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
The percentage voting system was buggy.
#1 - Holiday Resort - 50 votes.
#2 - Survival Games Acident Japan - 1 vote.

Play Survival Games Acident Japan.
In case you don't know, that's actually how the system works. Even though *Ancient Japan would have one chance in 50 in this scenario, it's still possible and can be picked by the system for the game.
That's the point of a raffle; everyone has a chance at winning or gaining something. Some may have a better chance than others with more votes in the system, but everyone still has at least a small chance that they may get picked overall.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
In case you don't know, that's actually how the system works. Even though *Ancient Japan would have one chance in 50 in this scenario, it's still possible and can be picked by the system for the game.
That's the point of a raffle; everyone has a chance at winning or gaining something. Some may have a better chance than others with more votes in the system, but everyone still has at least a small chance that they may get picked overall.
I have probably didn't explained that in the better way.
All the time that thing happened, the map with 1/2 votes will be played.
Everytime.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think that if raffle voting is added back in, it should be modified so that it is more convenient for donors and clans. Even though this poll currently states that over 80% of people want raffle voting back, similar numbers used to occur in the opposite direction back when raffle voting had just been added. The two best alterations of raffle voting to fix this would be:
  • As AGFire2013 mentioned above, if any map at the end of the lobby has 20 votes and a majority, it is chosen. Otherwise, it's regular raffle voting.
  • First map to twenty votes gets picked, otherwise it's raffle voting.
Both of these alternatives would satisfy big groups of donors, clans, and very competitive lobbies, but provide the grass donors with the raffle voting that they usually enjoy. I think either of these would effectively satisfy the two parties.

What do you think of those two alternatives?
The 20 vote solution would still make donors all-controlling.

I believe that the best solution would be #, but with an edit:
Raffle voting occurs like it used to, but if any map gets a majority of over 30% from the others, it will be chosen. This makes it so that donors, clans, ect. get their way, but only if they have a big advantage.

DarkEvil

Tribute
Reaction score
It is Ironic because when there was percentage voting, everyone wanted the normal voting ._.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I think we should add a number of solutions that lots of people have mentioned to the in-game /poll, and see what that brings

ZenosMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Valleyside : 23 Votes
SG2 : 1 Vote

Survival Games 2 has won the map vote!

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
A Modified Versions of the Raffle Voting system is a great idea, though it'll still not help the maps that are never voted (TSG1, TSG3, Chernobyl, Remnant, Fallen Empire, etc.), which sucks because they're all really decent maps. I've only seen two of the maps that I've mentioned been played, only because people are really desperate not to play the other maps.

I think the only way to fix what I've mentioned above is to have favourable tiering put forward on maps, so that players have a choice between

• Maps that appeal to the eye
or...
  • Maps in which you have an easier chance of winning on.
Just mo though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci