• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PC Slow All Of A Sudden!

Jayotic

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Guys! So I got my new PC on December 25th and for the first 2 weeks and then today it just runs so slow in those 2 week i got 200+ fps now I get 30-40 I already scanned my PC for any things that might be causing it and couldn't find anything. By the way my computer is an Alienware X51.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Sometimes computers can start to act strange if you haven't switched it off for a while.

(I mean it)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
CCleaner, AdBlock, look for some sort of virus or program that is resource intensive.

Another solution is to:
Cntrl+Alt+Delete
Task Manager
Processes
Show Processes from All Users

Find ones that are very resource-intensive (Showing numbers that are high, such as Javaw.exe, which is Minecraft.)
If they don't look like you need them, google their name and see if you can delete them safely. One that I have on my other computer is "Chrome.exe" which is NOT actually Chrome, as it is there even when I have Google Chrome closed. It takes up nearly 50% of my CPU sometimes, so if I "End Process Tree" until I close all of Chrome.exe, then my computer runs much faster.

Jayotic

Platinum
Reaction score
CCleaner, AdBlock, look for some sort of virus or program that is resource intensive.

Another solution is to:
Cntrl+Alt+Delete
Task Manager
Processes
Show Processes from All Users

Find ones that are very resource-intensive (Showing numbers that are high, such as Javaw.exe, which is Minecraft.)
If they don't look like you need them, google their name and see if you can delete them safely. One that I have on my other computer is "Chrome.exe" which is NOT actually Chrome, as it is there even when I have Google Chrome closed. It takes up nearly 50% of my CPU sometimes, so if I "End Process Tree" until I close all of Chrome.exe, then my computer runs much faster.
Ok I did that and looked up a little bit on each one of those, but when I closed skype and went to record my computer just doesnt record the same 3 days ago. Also it says cpu usage: 29%

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Ok I did that and looked up a little bit on each one of those, but when I closed skype and went to record my computer just doesnt record the same 3 days ago. Also it says cpu usage: 29%
If you have 29% at all times, then there's definitely something taking up RAM. When it said 29%, did you have Minecraft open/record, etc.? Or was everything like Skype/Minecraft closed? If open - that's normal, if closed - something's wrong.

Jayotic

Platinum
Reaction score
If you have 29% at all times, then there's definitely something taking up RAM. When it said 29%, did you have Minecraft open/record, etc.? Or was everything like Skype/Minecraft closed? If open - that's normal, if closed - something's wrong.
I only had Minecraft and Skype open.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
With certainly with all the regular programs opened and MineCraft opened it couldn't take 29 percent of the CPU.

I only had Minecraft and Skype open.
Alright, I recommend getting PC Decrapifyier, delete all the bloatware, Norton, WinZip, then use Ninite to install the needed things 7ZIP, etc. Once done get CCleaner and under tools go to start up, turn off everything that you know isn't useful or needed.
Then go to Task Manager go to processes and look for something that is taking up a lot of CPU usage that isn't Windows, etc.
Delete your anti virus and get AVAST, even if it's paid for, it's probably Norton or MCFEE which are intrusive bloatware that are garbage anti viruses.
If Torrenting, always stop seeding.
I really don't know, it should be visual from Task Manager, always.
Also, never buy Alienware, they're kinda overpriced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci