• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Old Platinum Ranks

eraseyoursocials

Spectator
Reaction score
Title says it all. I logged back on for the first time in ages because my friend said it was back up and i was hyped as bunnies because i used to play this alot and i had platinum and i was just hoping i kept my rank. I come back, i kept my rank. But... i have no commands. We have absolutely no permissions whatsoever. I think this is extremely unfair considering we payed around 100 dollars for this rank and we still get absolutely no perms. I am extremely dissapointed by this. Correct me if im wrong but we can only fly. Please reply to this if there are any other commands i havent figured out.

AdilMavis

Platinum
Reaction score
Well the thing is, you are no longer a donator. Your money doesn't benefit to the server at the moment. It is actually very kind of Chad to give us legacy ranks because it makes some of the legacy donators to feel not necessary to buy the new premium ranks. I hope you did understand the situation. Also you can do /mask and your vote counts as 2.

Ankh

Go-Go Moderanger
Reaction score
Technically what AdilMavis said is true, you are no longer a donator. Platinum was a part of the old MCSG, before the shutdown. If you kept all of your perks from before then there would be no incentive to buy a new rank. The legacy ranks now are more of a way to thank and recognize those players who have supported the server in the past.

If you would like to see a full list of perks, for both new ranks and old, I would recommend reading this post: https://mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-premium-ranks-and-legacy-ranks-revised.351030/

Cold

Platinum
Reaction score
Technically what AdilMavis said is true, you are no longer a donator. Platinum was a part of the old MCSG, before the shutdown. If you kept all of your perks from before then there would be no incentive to buy a new rank. The legacy ranks now are more of a way to thank and recognize those players who have supported the server in the past.

If you would like to see a full list of perks, for both new ranks and old, I would recommend reading this post: https://mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-premium-ranks-and-legacy-ranks-revised.351030/
Wow, what a fantastic way to look at it! Chad is such a kind and caring owner to give people some of the perks that they paid to have for lifetime. What a ridiculous request to keep the ranks that you paid for, it is absolutely the donators fault that the owner decided to do fck all years ago and shut the server down.

AdilMavis

Platinum
Reaction score
Wow, what a fantastic way to look at it! Chad is such a kind and caring owner to give people some of the perks that they paid to have for lifetime. What a ridiculous request to keep the ranks that you paid for, it is absolutely the donators fault that the owner decided to do fck all years ago and shut the server down.
Our money used to grow and improve the server at the time and also we were lifetime donators back in 2016. Imagine Chad giving all the donors back. Who would buy the new premium ranks? How would server keep improving and functioning when there are literally no interest to new ranks? You have to understand the logic of business here. I understand your frustration but server needs money and only way to make money from the server is attract people to buy new ranks

Cold

Platinum
Reaction score
I am not frustrated. I don't care about getting any ranks I had back because I don't even play the game. No one should buy ranks on Minecraft servers either way, it's a waste of money, but if he were to return the old ranks and just add higher tiers above the old ones then people would definitely buy them, because people are stupid and waste money all the time. If he made a $200 rank where the only function was giving you a name color that only that rank had then people would still buy it.

I need to understand the logic of business? You need to understand the only reason Chad brought the server back was to make money. Everyone is so excited that the server is back they don't even think about why it shut down in the first place.

AdilMavis

Platinum
Reaction score
You can't judge or label people because of their spending choices. I am pretty sure that none of the donators are suffering poverty or hunger while they are playing video games. They have money, and they want to spend it on the server. You don't have to buy if you find it nonsense, no one is putting pressure on you.
Chad, making money? Baloney! He just loves the community and he has a lot of money. He doesn't need money to pay the bills, buy a car or have fun. Well I need to tell you something. Yes he is making money of it, probably reopened because he needed money. Who cares? He brought back many of my friends, caused me to play Minecraft again. That's what I care about. I am very happy for him to make money as long as he can provide a great survival games experience and I have no doubts about he is going to make MCGamer great again.

Cold

Platinum
Reaction score
Bro, I really hope you are French Canadian and English is your second language. I can judge or label whoever I want to, and people who buy name colors on Minecraft servers are stupid. I don't care if they spend their money that way, but they are absolutely idiots for doing so. Especially when they buy them on a server that is just going to topple again when the owner inevitably loses interest, which is the case here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci