• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Numerous Hackers on MCSG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowBlaze

Spectator
Reaction score
Lately I've been playing games and constantly seeing people that, before the start of the game, appear to be kicking up dirt (sprinting) while standing still on their platform. Obviously, they are sprint hacking, and if they're sprint hacking, what's to stop them from using more even worse hacks, like chestfinder, and kill aura. Anything you can do to stop this?

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
I see that a whole lot, but when I look on my brother's screen, no sprint particles.
I think it's just a visual glitch or they MIGHT be hacking.
I just wait till the game begins and watch them to see if it is hacks.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
It generally isn't hacks (in this case, at least). It's a glitch presumably caused by Bukkit. You probably have deducted it as such from your brother's computer screen, but I digress.

There may be one hacker out of the group, but the majority of them do not hack. You'll probably have it happen to you, and then you'll know for yourself.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I have figured why some people who do get sprint particles but don't hack is because bukkit does a little glitch when teleported. If you were sprinting in lobby and got teleported to the map you are going to play on, it still thinks your running from the lobby, creating the sprint particles, but end up going away once you move of the podium (when the game starts). But do beware, some people with sprint particles might not necessarily mean they have glitched paricles, they could be hacking.

R

RedSeamonster

That can generally be a false positive, as described by Tironas11. If it happens in game, it could very well be hacks, and I recommend that you submit an abuse report. Just PM me if you have further questions, but for now this is locked.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I'd like to clarify this real quick. At the spawn, while you're still in pre-game, it will lock you to your spawn (one of the 24 spaces). Many people, even myself, start sprinting way ahead of time to sprint either towards the cornucopia, or away from it. This isn't a hack, it's just the way that the plugin locks you in place that makes it look like the other user(s) are hacking.

If they're in the cornucopia standing still and have the sprint particles, then yes, this may very well be a sort of sprint hack, in which case you should submit an abuse report as Red suggested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci