• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Noob at sword fighting? Here are some ways to help you out!

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! If you are anything like me, you can't do a straight-up sword fight to save your life. You may get that glorious diamond sword during the game, but it doesn't help when you can't hit your opponent with it! I stunk so bad at sword fighting I had to find alternative ways to take out my opponents. Sometimes, I don't even use a sword when attacking people! Here are some fighting techniques I've mastered to help me use my sword less:

• FLINT AND STEEL - Flint and steel is the first thing I mastered because it is so effective! When you light someone on fire, they are guaranteed to lose 3 hearts of the duration of the fire. 3 hearts! It would take 2-3 hits with a diamond sword to take away 3 hearts from a person wearing full iron. Not only does it do some significant damage, it slows down the victim! The fire constantly stops their run so if they try to run away, you can catch up to them and get some more hits on them. The flint and steel will be your bread and butter when it comes to PvP when you have mastered it :p (I always carry around at least 5 in my hotbar.)
  • BOW - Although the bow does take a while to get used to, it is extremely useful when the victim is a pretty good distance away. The bow can take away quite a bit of damage if fully pulled back. There have many times when I have killed people with just the bow because they can't even get close to me without getting shot many times. The key is to shoot where you think the person is about to run. If you shoot them where they are standing, it is a very small chance you will actually hit them. The bow is my favorite weapon when people jump in the water because they are very easy targets, and it is possible to get 5-7 hits on them in a row which can easily lead to death. It, also, is really fun to kill people on the line on Valleyside :p
  • FISHING ROD - This is a very useful weapon if you are charging at an opponent or chasing down someone. The fishing pole provides a knockback effect which causes the user to have backwards momentum. Backwards momentum makes the person have a shorter reach which means they can't hit you as much. Also, since you are running forward, you will have forward momentum which causes you to have half a block length longer reach! To catch people who are running away, you just hit them to where they get stuck in walls or stop their run. This makes it to where you can catch up to them, and you are able to pound on them!
I hope these alternatives to the sword help you out! If you compliment these with a sword, you will have a fun time on your killing spree :p

Last edited:

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
These are alternatives to using the sword. Both of those utilize the sword :p

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I still think you need to use a melee weapon to win, it's hard to win without using one.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
I still think you need to use a melee weapon to win, it's hard to win without using one.
These ideas are meant to compliment the sword. I'm not discouraging the use of a sword haha

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Won a game once without using a sword. Stacked arrows and snipe to death.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci