• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Nicknataw's Resignation & Advice!

NICKNATAW

Platinum
Reaction score
All,

It has been about 7 months since I was instated as a moderator here at MCGamer, but now, that time has come to an end. This was decided long ago, it was just a matter of actually writing it down and bringing it to the public's attention. Truthfully, I have completely lost touch with the community. I find it more of a hindrance coming on the server than it being a fun and enjoyable experience. This is not because MCGamer is not a fantastic server, which it is, it's simply due to my change in preferences and more focus being put towards my personal life. 99% of you reading don't know this, but I have been on a pre-professional track at my university for a few years and have been recently accepted to one of the most prestigious pharmacy schools in the nation. With this came restless nights of studying, stress over exams, and a lot of time away from Minecraft as a whole. I can only assume my schedule will become more extensive, meaning I cannot devote any time to moderate this server. So instead of leaving on a "solemn" note, I wanted to give the readers of this thread some advice.

1). PLEASE check the drama at the door. Lately, all I've noticed is people getting so dramatic over the most childish of things. What was once a place where you can meet new people and have fun with your friends has turned into a cliquey high school cafeteria. Not only should you apply this to your time on the internet, but apply it to your own, personal life. Life's too short to be wasted on petty arguments.

2). Know when you need a break. If number 1 applies to you, know when to unplug and just take time for yourself. If you find yourself in an argument with somebody OVER THE INTERNET, simply say "I'm done fighting". Then get off your computer and go do something relaxing. Like taking a nap or a nice hot shower.

3). Leave your computer! I know it sounds scary, but there is a whole world out there for you to experience.

4). Fact: Your internet friends may be amazing, but they are not ALWAYS going to be there. Nobody is. Learn to meet new people face-to-face who live in the same zip code, you'd be surprised who you can find.

5). If you're still reading this, my last piece of advice is to be kind to one another. Nobody deserves to be hated. You don't know their story just as well as they don't know yours. You will never know why somebody acts the way they do, just learn to brush it off and be the better person. Maybe they'll learn something from you.

That's all I have folks. Remember that each of you are loved. If anybody ever needs someone to talk to, please talk to me! You can reach me on twitter, skype (NickNataw), and on here. I'll get notifications from all of them.

Best,

Nick

itsjulesdude

Platinum
Reaction score
I remember being in the waiting room with you and playing all those games. I wish you luck in the future :) <3

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Sage advice. Thanks for helping out, and we're all sad to see you go!

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Nickkkkkk ;-; ah, 2 good mods in one day. Smh good luck in the future :3

sportsfan321

Diamond
Reaction score
Even though you were the one who banned me, It's sad to see you go :( . I know your choice was right. GL with your future, and I hope its bright

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
Thank you for being such a great mod! That was some great advice too. I hope everything goes well with you in the future. We'll miss you :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci