• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New PC, Give me your opinions.

Keeisy

Diamond
Reaction score
Guys, I wanted to show what will be my next computer and let me know if I can give their opinions.
If it is a good pc or bad, that I can improve. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIFICATIONS:

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, 2GB/DDR5, BASE: 1085MHz / BOOST: 1150 MHz
processor
Core I5, 4670, 3.4 GHz 6 MB, Haswell, Socket 1150, HD 4600 Graphics
motherboard

GA-G1 SNIPER M5
Ram memory
8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Vengeance Pro Series, 2X4GB Dual Channel
Power Supply
Cooler master 750W GXII
cabinet
DS (Dead Silence) Format Cube, Black, White, Black and White
Hard Drive
Segate Desktop HDD, 1TB, SATA 6Gb / s, 7200 RPM, NCQ, 3.5 "Internal
optical Drive
DVD Writer Internal SATA 24x CD - DVD 16X, Black
operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACCESSORIES

BENQ - ASUS: 20" (x2)
KEYBOARD: SteelSeries APEX
MICE: Razer NAGA

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd take back Win7 Ultimate for Professional (no one really uses the features of Ultimate), and use the money saved to swap out a Seagate desktop to Western Digital. WD has a better reputation and a lower failure rate both initially and over time.

If you have a bit more money to put in, I'd suggest investing in a 770 GTX, which is considered to have one of the best performance to price ratios out there.

thejambd

Platinum
Reaction score
AND if you have all the money in the world... you could then further your speed of your PC and invest in an SSD, oml they are so quick and really helpful!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
AND if you have all the money in the world... you could then further your speed of your PC and invest in an SSD, oml they are so quick and really helpful!
If you have all the money in the world, I'd hope you'd spend it on something more globally beneficial than a PC for yourself.

Personally, SSDs are nice but only if you have some extra scratch to spend and another HDD to use normally. I think a good compromise is the WD Black series, which offers great speed at good capacity and value.

Keeisy

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd take back Win7 Ultimate for Professional (no one really uses the features of Ultimate), and use the money saved to swap out a Seagate desktop to Western Digital. WD has a better reputation and a lower failure rate both initially and over time.

If you have a bit more money to put in, I'd suggest investing in a 770 GTX, which is considered to have one of the best performance to price ratios out there.

w8 originally had, but as I am new to build your own computer, that's why I have such simple things.
The graphics card if I change and add a "GTX TITAN".
In my current computer I'm working with W7 ultimate and I feel very good.

If you have all the money in the world, I'd hope you'd spend it on something more globally beneficial than a PC for yourself.

Personally, SSDs are nice but only if you have some extra scratch to spend and another HDD to use normally. I think a good compromise is the WD Black series, which offers great speed at good capacity and value.
I think only change the RAM for 16 or 32 gb.
And I think to buy a removable hard disk :D

IT will run minecraft between a solid 200-500 fps if thats what u mean
Really? OOMG!

And they think about screens, keyboard and mouse?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score

So true about Ultimate. I have ultimate and I've barely used any of it's features, except for install a second langauge, which I barely used, and have already uninstalled.

To the OP. Downgrade to Professional, and use the money to buy yourself Microsoft Office or something useful.

EDIT: What's your budget? You seem willing to easily upgrade to a GTX Titan, which is not cheap at all.

Keeisy

Diamond
Reaction score
So true about Ultimate. I have ultimate and I've barely used any of it's features, except for install a second langauge, which I barely used, and have already uninstalled.

To the OP. Downgrade to Professional, and use the money to buy yourself Microsoft Office or something useful.

EDIT: What's your budget? You seem willing to easily upgrade to a GTX Titan, which is not cheap at all.
now that you mention it you're right, I'll have to think about that and good thanks to all who are giving me their opinions.
I hope one day to play with you guys, the staff would be impossible ... but I can dream.
About my budget, I'd rather not say anything about my personal life.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
It's good and all, but honestly if you want the best price to performance ratio, I would get a Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci