• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New maps

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello MCG, I want to make this thread asking opinions on the new maps. Personally my opinions are:
Wasteland: Seems like a nice map but I really hate the terrain and believe they didn't take how PvP would be on the map.
Enchanted Forest: I really like it, nice map design, nice size but the only thing I was having trouble with was finding chests. I only found 3 chests in the game I did. :p
Turbulence: Seems really awesome, I remember looking at its thread before it was chosen and it is as good as it looked.
Hub games: The map is the hub.... Awesome! :D

If you're going to give your opinion on a new map, do it nicely so you don't offend map creators.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Personally, no offense, but I really don't like anybody the maps besides Turbulence. It seems as if MCSG was I a rush to add new maps for the summer so they picked some from the summer PMC contest last year that placed decently. Sadly, most of those PMC maps were not built to fit MCSG IMO. They were just map builders looking to submit their maps somewhere and found this from what I know and saw.

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, no offense, but I really don't like anybody the maps besides Turbulence. It seems as if MCSG was I a rush to add new maps for the summer so they picked some from the summer PMC contest last year that placed decently. Sadly, most of those PMC maps were not built to fit MCSG IMO. They were just map builders looking to submit their maps somewhere and found this from what I know and saw.
The only one I don't like is wasteland. Enchanted forest and hub games have potential but I really don't see much in wasteland. It's a nice map but PVP on it is so bad.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Every map is good in its own way. Whether that is in aesthetic appeal or gameplay, each map has something that some people are going to like and that some people are not going to like. It is that simple. I believe there are truly no bad maps that have effort put into them by the creator. Some maps are much better than others, don't get me wrong, but saying that one map is bad and one map is good isn't really accurate. All maps are good, but some maps are better.

I am not sure if that made sense, but I think I made my point. But I do agree, there were quite a few better choices the staff could have made when adding maps. However, they listened to community and I think they are going to make up for it at the end of the month. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci