• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New EULA Q & A. Panic can stop. Servers are not dying.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, If a thread about this was already made some staff memeber can feel free to lock this.

So lets cut to the chase..... Mojang has released today a Q & A awering many of the doubts in regards to the new EULA.

Heres a link to the whole Q & A:
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

But here are two questions specificly I want to highlight:

As you can see form this, the base (at least) of what donor privileges are is still allowed, this basically gives out that no matter how much they restrict purchaces, THE ABILITY TO DONATE/DONOR PRIVILEGES WILL NOT BE GOING ANYWERE.
(Theres some other stuff that will calm you if you were worried about this)

So no matter what, MCSG wont be dying. Other servers wont either. Now you can all stop panicing.

Im seriously dissapoionted in the overall Minecraft communty... people Signing petitions to DDos Mojang... bashing them all over the internet... All who have done any of this stuff seems to forget that this is the same people that brought them the game they love so much. Those servers they so vionlently defend wouldnt even exist if it wasnt for those same people they yell at when they dont like something.
The worst part about all this is that people were coming to assumptions with no information. This was supposed to be towards preventing "Pay to win", and yes it comes with concequences to servers which dont do this, but in a much minor scale.

If I forgot anything Ill be adding it lately. If any of you were of those who joined in the panic, dont worry, I have nothing against you nor Ill ever have, I dont want to insult anyone. All I want to for people to see what rash actions can cause... in this case a genereal, unnecesary panic.

Thanks for Reading.

Last edited:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
:D

Good thing!

Thanks for informing the others!

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
Great thread. I can't believe that people would sign petitions to DDoS Mojang... As you said, without them none of the servers woul even exist.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People are going to be looping the holes everywhere.
Like: What does cosmetic mean? Does flying in the lobby count as cosmetic (as there is really no gameplay happening)? If I have a diamond sword that was modded to do the same damage as stone, but is just as spoopy as diamond normally is, does that count as cosmetic as it is just appearance (even though my enemy is scared as hell)?

The outline of EULA could have been done better to be more understandable, but it seems okay.

The only problem I see right now with it is slackening server funding by minimizing donation perks + reason for donations. People are way more likely to buy masses of perks for themselves instead of small perks for everyone on a server. This'll definitely deflate server funding for almost all servers. Luckily MCSG has never really been pay to win, so it isn't much of a crushing blow at all.

Last edited:

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
People are going to be looping the holes everywhere.
Like: What does cosmetic mean? Does flying in the lobby count as cosmetic (as there is really no gameplay happening)? If I have a diamond sword that was modded to do the same damage as stone, but is just as spoopy as diamond normally is, does that count as cosmetic as it is just appearance (even though my enemy is scared as hell)?

The outline of EULA could have been done better to be more understandable, but it seems okay.

The only problem I see right now with it is slackening server funding by minimizing donation perks + reason for donations. People are way more likely to buy masses of perks for themselves instead of small perks for everyone on a server. This'll definitely deflate server funding for almost all servers. Luckily MCSG has never really been pay to win, so it isn't much of a crushing blow at all.
Yeah, I agree people will be looping the holes. There was plenty of stuff not very well handled in this situation.
This issue was part Mojang's fault for not being specific with the rules since day one, its the price of being to soft, but then again, this game was never expected to be as successful as it became. But theres really no point in looking who is to blame.
Its great that MCSG wont be affected as hard as some other servers. Well have to see what the overall effect of this is in the long run I guess.

As I said, I made this thread mostly to inform people and leave some of my thoughts on the whole situation.

Thanks for leaving your thoughts on the topic! :D

Thanks for clearing that up!
No problem!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci