• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Concept (The Survival Races)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coconutbowling

Spectator
Reaction score
Most suvival map ideas are great, but don't deviate from the original formula. I'm thinking of a huge race course map with survival games elements. First to the finish wins, but people will die along the way. The set up can be similar except with a cornucopia that's behind you. You have a choice to have a head start and go through the course, or run back to grab supplies before you venutre off. With multiple paths, hidden chests, and so on, this has potential to be an alternative to the original survival games.

I'm not the greatest at map making, but +1 if someone utilizes this idea.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The ones that will run first can have all the chest so the people behind them get nothing..

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Most suvival map ideas are great, but don't deviate from the original formula. I'm thinking of a huge race course map with survival games elements. First to the finish wins, but people will die along the way. The set up can be similar except with a cornucopia that's behind you. You have a choice to have a head start and go through the course, or run back to grab supplies before you venutre off. With multiple paths, hidden chests, and so on, this has potential to be an alternative to the original survival games.

I'm not the greatest at map making, but +1 if someone utilizes this idea.
If you run trough the whole game you can win witchout getting anything.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thought about this 2 but it has alot of downsides.

coconutbowling

Spectator
Reaction score
if done correctly, the downsides can be avoided; first being the race should be long enough that if you aren't wise with hunger, you'll die. Also, using redstone, there can be many areas that help/hinder you. I'm gonna start building a prototype of sorts to see how it works, but I feel like there's potential.

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
What about a relay race? Start at point A, reach point B, head back to point A again.

The twist is that anyone in the lead will have to make a return journey through the pack coming the opposite way. The further you are in front the greater the risk of being hurt or killed on the way back because you will be singled out against the rest of the crowd (which may or may not be fighting between them as it is because they are all after the same thing). Imagine reaching point B and as you begin to run back you see several players running in your direction: Do they want to attack you? Do they want to run past you and try to catch up? Should you run right through them? Have you got decent enough equipment to take them on? Would it be better to find a place to hide and let them pass before moving on?

There would be little routes and secrets to find both on the way there and back, some of which aid yourself while some hindering the others. You could have some which vary depending on where you are, such as a trap which streams water across a path, slowing everyone down and stopping sprinting: If you activate it on the way to point B it will trigger further down the route and slow everyone down, including yourself, but activate it on the way back to point A and it will slow down everyone behind you (because of the placement of the trap and where the switch is). Of course others can activate it and ruin the idea but that's part of the game.

Naturally if you empty all of the chests and resources on the way to point B there will be nothing for the return journey but you will stop others from looting any items. If you avoid most chests and run straight to point B you will end up getting there before everyone else, however the problem is you likely won't have good-enough equipment to defend yourself for the way back and being so far ahead will make you a huge target. I personally think that is a nice contrast and every positive has a negative.

Just something i came up with on the spot after seeing this topic. *shrug*

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have an idea to stop people from simply sprinting the entire way without grabbing items. You place a wall of leaves blocking the path off at different parts of the course. The first runner has to break the leaves. This lets the people who grabbed chests to try to kill him, which means he has to grab some chests along the way.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Really awesome idea. Race to the death. \o/

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
If you run trough the whole game you can win witchout getting anything.
There can be things put in place to stop this, like the course being really long forcing people to find their chests along the way, and there might also be parkour courses blocking sections of the road so you have to go through the parkour course.

I believe this idea is in the wrong sectiont though, because it's more of an idea for a game, not a map. I like the idea though, so hopefully someone can try it out :)

coconutbowling

Spectator
Reaction score
I believe this idea is in the wrong sectiont though, because it's more of an idea for a game, not a map. I like the idea though, so hopefully someone can try it out :)
Yea, well I didn't know where else to put it. Anyways, I started making a map, and ultimately realized the difficulty of the situation. As much as I'd love to create this, I don't have the whole summer. I still have a lot of ideas for it though. Maybe if someone pursues this, I'll volunteer to help out.

Linden

Tribute
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome idea they should try it out :)

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Post it on Map Ideas, maybe some guys will help you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member