• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New computer?

AdultChild

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there!

I'm looking to buy a new pc to help me play games better. Currently, I only play Minecraft but i'm looking to play some games from steam too.

I'm just wondering what computer will allow me to run minecraft at 100fps whilst recording? Currently I play at 40fps on my laptop without recording so anything is a step up. I'm looking to actually start a Youtube channel too and I need a good pc for that.

Any suggestions are welcome and if you could provide a link to a website that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
What's your budget? Do you plan on playing any other games aside from Minecraft? How much rendering do you think you'll be doing on your computer? Answer these questions, and I can make a Parts List.

S

Sepyz

It all depends on your price range. Before you jump to conclusions, I would do a lot of research. I researched for roughly 3 months until finally deciding what to buy.

AdultChild

Platinum
Reaction score
Budget: nothing more than £1000(less would be great)
I'll possibly play other games but currently its only minecraft
Rendering: not really sure. Not a lot!

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Budget: nothing more than £1000(less would be great)
I'll possibly play other games but currently its only minecraft
Rendering: not really sure. Not a lot!
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£157.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.25 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£144.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£122.58 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£87.39 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£59.99 @ Maplin Electronics)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (£108.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£67.98 @ Ebuyer)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£79.18 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £933.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Want an explanation for the parts I chose?

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£157.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.25 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£144.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£122.58 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£87.39 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£59.99 @ Maplin Electronics)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card (£108.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£67.98 @ Ebuyer)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£79.18 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £933.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Want an explanation for the parts I chose?
You are great! :3 so nice of you to help out and how easily you got the list done x)

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you! And yes, that would help!
  • CPU
    • Since Minecraft is a very CPU intensive game, I chose a very good CPU. The i5 series is one of the best CPUs for gaming, and it's a decent price as well.
  • CPU Cooler
    • I'm assuming you don't need plan on overclocking, so I choose a pretty good stock cooler. If you want to overclock, get a new cooler.
  • Motherboard
    • Asus is a great company who specializes in gaming computer parts. This motherboard is quite good, and al0t of people use it.
  • Memory
    • Corsair makes great RAM. And the Vengeance Pro is some of their best RAM. I chose 16gb because rendering takes a lot of RAM, and you'll want to get more if you start to do YouTube professionally or as a career.
  • Storage
    • I chose both an SSD and a regular Hard drive. Use the SSD for your OS. It'll load quicker than you can blink. Use the hard drive for your regular games and other programs.
  • Video Card
    • The GeForce GTX 750 Ti is a great video card for it's price. The 750 ti is comparable to the GTX 770, except only a little bit less powerful. The 770 is one of the best video cards on the market. You'll be able to run minecraft quite well with Shaders on.
  • Case
    • NZXT makes some of the most beautiful cases. Their cases can be a bit expensive, but the H440 is both cost effective and really useful. It's doesn't have room for an optical drive, so you won't be able to play DVDs or disks though. I hope that won't be an issue.
  • Power Supply
    • Not much to say here. PSUs are all pretty similar. I know EVGA is a great very reputable brand, and the power supply was a pretty good price.
  • OS
    • It's Windows 8.1, not much else to say.

AdultChild

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you for all the help! Only one more question... How would I put it together..

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Thank you for all the help! Only one more question... How would I put it together..
Watch a lot of computer build videos. Most of the parts just kinda snap together, but I'd suggest watching plenty of videos to understand what to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci