• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Never Give Up! (School)

Golden_Gaming

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello MCGamer Community!
This message mainly goes out the all the players out there in high school (around year 7-10)

A lot of people throughout your school, whether it be the year 11&12 kids and or older siblings that may tell you that year 7, 8 ,9, 10 don't matter or that your grades don't matter.
Today I am going to tell you the opposite and give my opinions/reasons why.

Year 7: Not all schools in the world, but for most private schools here in Western Australia, this is your first year of high school. This is where everything changes and you need to define yourself and who you are for the rest of high school. Remember, more friends here doesn't always mean good friends. Sometimes, one or two great friends is better than 10 okay friends, but that doesn't mean you can't be friends with everyone still, just make sure you're friends with the right people.

Year 8 & 9: If this is your first year of high school, read Year 7^^
Year 8 & 9 are probably all about doing the best you can to prepare for year 10 where you will choose most of your classes and make a path for where you want to go in the future.
If you aim for the highest possible grades here, you will end up in the higher level classes in year 10 and you will have many many many more choices for what you want to do in year 11 & 12.

Year 10: Year 10 is usually the year when you get to start choosing what classes you take and if you aimed for the best in year 8 & 9 then you will have a few more options available. Year 10 is the year where you REALLY want to do your best and choose the right subjects for you, this helps a lot later on.

Year 11: This is the year where the work load goes from what you thought was a lot, to oh my goodness what even is life anymore. But don't let the immense amount of homework and assignments discourage you, because if you put in the work and do your best in it all (not procrastinating like a lot of us do) start assignments and homework as soon as you get them. Friendships are what really count to get you through year 11, because working with a good friend is usually better than working alone (this is for me, but maybe not for all) And the last tip I have for you - If your school offers after school tutoring/extra help from your teachers, always use them, some time working on a subject without the rest of the class is always great for asking all those questions you felt were "too embarrassing" to ask in class.
On that note, no question is ever too dumb to ask the teachers in class, as a matter of a fact, the teachers love it when you ask them questions because it shows you're willing to learn. If your school does not provide after school classes then you can always ask at lunch and recess. Remember: Don't be embarrassed to do this, you shouldn't let your fear of embarrassment get in the way of your learning, it could be the difference between passing and failing.

Year 12: I can't say much about year 12, because I am not quite there yet. All I can gather is that it's pretty much the same, but a bit more work and slightly harder if you stick to the same courses as last year.

I Hope this helped anyone out there, if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer any by PM or Post a reply here. Have a nice day :D

feminist

Career
Reaction score
thanks man i was really worried about passing year 7 but you saved me

Edge

Platinum
Reaction score
i tought you're gonna rickroll me

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
wow thank u bro I was afraid a to fail year kindergarden and now im embracing it2@2211]1!1!1

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score
Years/when you go into highschool are a bit different in America, but you definitely hit the nail on the head according to the work load/what you do each year! Nice thread :D :thumbsup: (y)

Golden_Gaming

Experienced
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci