• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need some YT help

Sidopey

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay, so let me start. I need serious help. I have been doing youtube for i don't, know 5 months now? Maybe 6 or 7 months even. I upload every single day and work super hard, i even upload twice somedays, i enjoy what I'm doing, and edit with sony vegas pretty well. I try so hard to entertain people and make them smile but I only have 63 subscribers. I mean I'm not complaining or asking for more, its just i make youtube videos to make other people happy but i mean how am i supposed to do that with roughly 17 views? I feel that i work so hard yet gain nothing in return. I love youtube but i mean, its not fun to not show any progress after such a long time and so much work. Look i love this so much but i feel unhappy with my subscriber count. Im really trying my hardest not to whine. But after such a long time feeling like i don't have that many people that support me on what i love to do? I don't know. I need help tell me what i can do to improve what i need what i can do to make people happy. (Youtube name Sidopey)

Last edited:

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
Alright, to start off: It's great that you're dedicated to your youtube channel even after months of moderate progress. That's something that not many youtubers do. If they don't see progress right away, they just drop it.

Now, moving in. I checked out a few of your videos, and I think I know what the problem is. Before I had to even go to the channel, I predicted they would be let's plays, and I was right. Now, here's my question for you: what makes your channel different from all the other MCSG Lets Players? There's thousands of channels like that, and probably 1/1000th of them make their way past the 1000 subscriber mark, and those are typically the more famous MCSG'ers.

It's really hard to get your channel off the grounds if it's a lets play, you might want to try a different gimmick: like machinimas, or a different type of series (Maybe an informative MCSG series, or a Best Kills of the Week series). You need something that sticks out among the others.

Now, this is just my advice, so if you're content with Lets Plays then by all means go in that direction.

By the way, this is just a advice thing, if you ever get discourage: don't make a new youtube channel and delete all the videos off the current one. I see that one too many times. All you're doing there is abandoning your subscriber base and starting over: not something you have to do.

Youtube isn't easy, and it's only getting harder as time goes by. There's millions of Minecraft Let's Play youtubers. So, like said earlier, make yours stand out from the rest! Good luck man, and don't give up. It takes time to get subscribers, 65 isn't too shabby.

Sidopey

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank you! So maybe lets plays isnt exactly the rig way to be heading? Do you think it would be a good idea to spend some time working on a big good video? Like a machinima? I mean i have this really big series planned out with a ton of actors and things (kind of like the shadow of israphel) that will be coming out soon. Thank you! It means a lot that you are helping me out. Any other tips and what not would be appreciated. :)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
My channel is a few months old, and I have found that a signature is priceless advertising for your channel. Most of my views and subscribers have come from the thing right below this post.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
My channel is a few months old, and I have found that a signature is priceless advertising for your channel. Most of my views and subscribers have come from the thing right below this post.
But he'd have to post a lot around the forums for it to be seen very much.

Relevant to the post, try uploading your MCSG related videos to the Media section. And what the other people stated above; try to make your channel unique and stand out from the other ones.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue, although I have put all my videos on private for personal reasons. I would recommend slowing your upload schedule as you are saturating the viewers with videos and it is hard to keep up.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
About two months ago, I had about 100 subscribers, and would get like 50-60 views. After lots of hard work on my videos and finding ways to advertise paid off. Right now I have about 600 subscribers and am still growing. Always have relevant tags that are similar to your video, with a brief description. Find legal ways to advertise, like posting your video in the MCSG video section, which can get you some views. Search on forums about Minecraft and post it there!

Sidopey

Diamond
Reaction score
Thank all of you guys for this feedback i will be trying all of this. Thanks! In a couple of weeks or or months i will come back and talk about the results. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci