• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My View of the Global Stats Reset - ImToxic21

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
So, Everyone knows about this major "Global Stats Reset" And i really want to get my word out there. I believe we should be voting no. And i have arguments for and against the stats reset.

Starting with no, i believe this is the best option starting with the fact that those people who have put in hours and effort into their stats in which they use as a base layer to advance on. This means those who have their wins deserve them. They have worked so hard on them and would be a shame for them to get taken away. We have to think it about this way. We need to vote for those who aren't just ourselves. Vote for the people that will be affected most.

So, We also have the option "yes". Which i believe has many possibilities and potential however i feel like it will make things worst. People want a fair chance and i understand that however half of the people who voted "yes" voted because they want a free stats reset.. Thats not answering the poll. The global stats reset is designed to create a fair chance, not let people get a better ratio. Thats why a stats reset are paid for. Also with people wanting to be high on the leader boards have no idea about the time and effort they will need to dedicate to stay top. This is why the top players deserve their spot as they have dedicated time and effort. This effort and time hasn't been dedicated by others and is why the top players are where they are today.

Another thing is people are voting yes for themselves... Is this really the way we want our community to be. People being selfish and doing things for themselves. We want a better community, not a worst one. By having a community which cares about others. This will create a more positive community and what MCGamer should be like. And by caring about others we should vote No. We are CARING about those who are high on the leader boards and we're caring about their stats as this Global Stats Reset affects them the most.

If you have any questions, please ask me and i will reply with my opinion, i may have missed things but the main thing i wanted to talk about was the community and the affect on it. :)

Please give me your opinion and if you agree or disagree!? :)

- Toxic

VOTE NO! (For Stats Reset).png

Last edited:

StunStorm

Spectator
Reaction score
i definitely agree with your opinion! i think that it would keep a better community :)

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
This was a great read! I agree with your opinion :)

Ari0niciKirato

Spectator
Reaction score
How do you know that we're being selfish. We are just giving people a chance to be in the top. This is such a stupid community, I quit because of this thread.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
No one has a chance to be on the leaderboards because people have spent nearly 10 weeks of in game time playing a game about blocks. Stop speaking for the higher ranked players when they don't give their own opinions.

E

Ephiza

How do you know that we're being selfish. We are just giving people a chance to be in the top. This is such a stupid community, I quit because of this thread.

No one has a chance to be on the leaderboards because people have spent nearly 10 weeks of in game time playing a game about blocks. Stop speaking for the higher ranked players when they don't give their own opinions.
Then stop speaking for the randy's who don't give their own opinions either, just blindly following whatever their favorite youtuber uses?

Ok, on the thread.

I highly agree. I agree it would be nice to get a sweet ratio, but I would much rather have paid for a stat reset, instead of screwing over all the highly ranked players, being selfish.

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
Not everyone is being selfish however half the yes votes are saying they want a free stats reset for a better ratio. The main idea is for a fair playing ground, not an idea for someone to have a good ratio. Finally, this is my opinion and not something you should be angry about and not something in which you decide to quit MCSG from. I am entitled to my own opinions.

No one has a chance to be on the leader boards because people have spent nearly 10 weeks of in game time playing a game about blocks. Stop speaking for the higher ranked players when they don't give their own opinions.
I understand however, those news players will have to deal with the fact they are new. I think there's a reason why the top players have been playing for such a long time and it's because of their efforts. We don't want to let their efforts go to waste.

VOTE NO! (For Stats Reset).png

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Pandq|Slaerr said:
Then stop speaking for the randy's who don't give their own opinions either, just blindly following whatever their favorite youtuber uses?
Most votes are from the community's thought, and YES/NO probably both have the sane amount of youtuber fanboy votes.

Pandq|Slaerr said:
screwing over all the highly ranked players, being selfish.
We still don't know whether they want the reset :)

Last edited:
E

Ephiza

[QUOTE="Pandq|Slaerr, Then stop speaking for the randy's who don't give their own opinions either, just blindly following whatever their favorite youtuber uses?
Most votes are from the community's thought, and YES/NO probably both have the sane amount of youtuber fanboy votes.

[QUOTE="Pandq|Slaerr, screwing over all the highly ranked players, being selfish.[/QUOTE]
We still don't know whether they want the reset :)[/QUOTE]
Something with the Quotes messed up. But that post made no sense. You where talking about how we where being selfish, etc etc. I'm assuming "they" means the MCSG staff.

Ari0niciKirato

Spectator
Reaction score
Not everyone is being selfish however half the yes votes are saying they want a free stats reset for a better ratio. The main idea is for a fair playing ground, not an idea for someone to have a good ratio. Finally, this is my opinion and not something you should be angry about and not something in which you decide to quit MCSG from. I am entitled to my own opinions.

I understand however, those news players will have to deal with the fact they are new. I think there's a reason why the top players have been playing for such a long time and it's because of their efforts. We don't want to let their efforts go to waste.

View attachment 34937
I do respect respect your opinion, however some people (like me xD) can take your opinion offensively. But I was just joking about the whole quiting part, I was just making my response a little bit exagerated so you would take it seriously. Also I'm not angry I was just in a bad mood while reading your thread. Peace out!

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
But that post made no sense. You where talking about how we where being selfish, etc etc. I'm assuming "they" means the MCSG staff.
I fixed up the quotes from the OP. The only words relating to selfishness were from you. I did not once use the word 'they'.
Written many times on the front page thread is the concept of legacy leaderboards. The nolifers will still be remembered, while at the same time, many people will have a chance at getting a top spot.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Go read my arguments in the main thread considering I'm first page and my opinions are pretty much exact to this. Don't try insult players saying "people have spent nearly 10 weeks in a game time playing a game of blocks". Clearly you play this game, and if you don't, why are you even here? Why does it bother you, or anyone else how much I play. Pretty sure that's MY decision.

For the argument "no one has a chance to be on the leaderboards"

Why do people even keep saying this? The leaderboards are going to end up the same, if not tougher. I managed to rank when players had well over 1,000-2,000 wins. I didn't get a 'chance' for EVERYONE to start with zero. I started at zero like everyone else should, not reset the people who have spent a lot of time on the server to get their wins.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci