• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My SG Story and What I've Discovered About ping

Do you agree with what I've said on this thread?

• Total voters

xCaelex

Tribute
Reaction score
When I first started playing SG, I was a Hive player. I was really bad at the game but I also had 200+ ping. I was first introduced to Hive by one of my IRL friends, and then I started playing Hive with my friend Sethskye. We played Hive a lot together but after a few months, but when I had about 100/1000 wins, I found out more about ping, and decided I was better off playing a server I had just discovered called MCSG. Around this time, I was watching a Hive YouTuber named SamHaribo, and I basically thought he was PVP god. From watching his videos, I got fairly decent at PVP and started playing a lot more MCSG and got pretty good at it. After a while I started playing in clans and watching mcsg youtubers and eventually, I got to the point where I was a very good PvPer... Sorta...

See, a lot of people have been saying that I'm only good because of my ping, and I disagree, because as I've told everyone in the community, and shown in a youtube video, I have 60 ping which is good, but it certainly isn't the only source of my PVP skill. Every since I moved to mcsg, I've gone on Hive from time to time just to play it a bit, but every single time I died, I blamed it on ping. But I've been playing Hive a bit and I've realized something:

I play better on a server where I have worse ping.

I still had bad ping though, but it did make me think about something...

When I played on mcsg, I didn't draw all the skill I had out of ping, but I relied of ping instead of raw skill to PVP. This isn't a valid excuse for US players that I kill, because my ping is about the same as theirs.

But I finally figured it out. When I play on Hive, I'm forced into a situation where I need more skill, because I have worse ping.

So I think I'm gonna take a bit of a break from mcsg. Go to Hive so I can develop "real" skill. Maybe even stay there to do clans and stuff if I can adjust to the ping.

One more thing. To anyone who thinks I'm admitting that I use ping to win, I'm not. I'm saying that ping doesn't make me better, it makes me worse.

Long story short, I'm taking a bit of a break from mcsg. I'll still be playing with my clan and stuff, but other than that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci