• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Rant.

8feetunder

Platinum
Reaction score
So, I know I'm opening this thread up with expectations I'll get tons of backlash, but I think I'm at the breaking point. So, I have donated a total of $50.00 to these server since I've started months ago. I know it's not as much as many others, but $50.00 is $50.00. Now, when I last paid $25.00 for Gold Donor, I was paying for full service of this server: meaning I paid to be able to play ALL games (MCSG, Survival, Creative, MCTF2, and ZedChase). At this point, every single game is down but MCSG. Now, my complaint here is obvious... I basically feel as though I'm not getting my money's worth if I can only play one game on this server!

I work hard for my money, as do others, and I expect to put it to good use when I donated to this server; but, sadly, it hasn't.
I understand people are hard at work trying to get everything up and running; it takes a lot of man-power to run a server/site like this. BUT, bottom line, I feel as though I should be reimbursed for the lack of content I have access to on this server. I'm not getting what I paid for!! Period. I don't know.... maybe an extended donor period?

I didn't know where to post this rant/complaint, so don't bash me for posting it on the wrong thread. Also, I won't entertain any hateful replies to this either... I didn't do this to start an
argument but rather to express my current dissatisfaction with this server.

Rant over. Thanks.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I suppose I can agree with you, but at the same time you could be taking a gamble when "donating" to a server, it could go down at any time (ddosers) or it could be down for maintanence, but this kind of thing has happened before and MCSG gave everyone an extra weeks worth of donor.

8feetunder

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Brandon. I understand the "gamble" I may have taken. But, yes... exactly, I would expect some type of reimbursement, possibly in the form of an extended donorship (#notaword).

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It'll be cool to see some exclusive stuff for donators, that'll also make more people buy it.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Just as an extended point that has already been made, you haven't purchased anything. It's called donating for a reason, meaning you donate money, and may receive extra privileges. It doesn't guarantee you anything when you donate, so you aren't actually entitled to get anything in compensation. The only thing donating guarantees you is the privileges in those games, it does not say they will be up for all that time. However, I will link this thread to the admins when I see them next (as I do frequently on the teamspeak) and like what has been said, they may extend your donorship.

Benglaas

Diamond
Reaction score
There is always going to be a risk to donating to anything. First of if you are donating the meaning of the word itself is for a selfless cause in that aspect you should only donate to the server if you want to support it because you enjoying it. Its great that there is perks for donating but, you shouldn't be disappointed because stuff out of there control happens. I literally work ridiculously hard to get money and I donated to MCSG Not because of the perks but, because I want to servers to be around for me to enjoy them. And I am sure that MCSG is indeed thankful for what you donated to them and appreciate you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci