• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Rant on the health of MCSG Clans vs The General Population of MCSG Players

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I just wanted to rant today on how I feel about the health of MCSG Clans vs the health of the rest of the population of players who play MCSG.

Many people who don't partake in clans usually tend to dislike the clan scene anyways, so this isn't really for people who are diehard solo players, but more for the competitive clan players.

Anyways, if you don't pay attention to the clan scene, I can try to describe what it's been like since the first competitive clans entered the scene to today:

(( When the first clans like the OG Cyan Volts and Rebels came out, people were starting to recognize that people who play this game could be pretty tight, so they could all group on a skype call and chat , nobody really clan battled or scrimmed in the beginning. Anyways, people saw other groups of people and then they discovered the idea of battling, which made clans in the first place. This was a really fun thing to do, and people did it pretty often. It started with US, then EU and AU caught on.

So the clan scene was very healthy for I'd like to say around a year and a half ~ 2 years. There were top clans, there were middle clans, and then there were subpar clans that didn't last long usually. People really started caring about being the best in clans and not just leaderboards, this was the era where we saw "Top 10 Clans" threads everyday, people were just interested in the general opinion of everybody on where there clan was ranked, which was fine (Although we did overdo it at some point).

That brings us near to the summer of this year though. People have really drifted off from clans. The most renown clan in US fell to people pursuing new interests where competitive environment was more appreciated, I guess. A lot of clans are nothing of what they used to be, and there really isn't a defining barrier between most clans anymore (in my opinion), they are all a mix of something where a top 10 clans page isn't definitive at all anymore, and I think it'd be quite difficult to make a top 10 clans rating anyways. ))

So now that I've established the health of clans, the health of the general population on MCGamer/MCSG is actually thriving, especially when compared to the diminished population of the competitive clans. But why? It's pretty simple actually. People in the clan scene were already getting bored by the time the staff actually realized, hey, these people are actually a big part in our servers, we should do something for them, which at first, excited all of us. That was until the idea was completely wiped off and we were forgotten about again. Not only was the update they promised us completely forgotten about, the new updates are made for the casual players, which is fine, they need to keep the general population, but I don't understand why MCSG would sacrifice a percentage of the community when it would be just as easy to help the clans out. Instead, they decided that they needed to enforce rules that restricted clans even further, when the community ran aspect was working pretty well. That's honestly not what was needed, if anything I doubt clans were the main source of problem for MCSG, far from it. If they wanted to keep clans alive they would of just involved the staff with clans and made things not just for one section of the population, I know you can't cater the world, but atleast have the decency to stick to something you announced to all the players that were about to give up and move on to other games (which most have I believe)

But anyways, this is just a rant, and probably a bit rambly, but it's my opinion on how the health of clans were handled wrong, and I honestly hate looking at clans as I know that there's a big 'what if' lying there.

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
From what I understand is you're upset that most of your friends in the clan community have found new interests in life wether it be socializing with friends, sports or a new video game?

Because all your friends are gone, the clan community is slowly dieing?

I might have misinterpreted your whole post, but that's the way it came across. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
These days, the clan community is so competitive it's not even fun now, it's stressful.
I could go into more detail but I ain't going too.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
These days, the clan community is so competitive it's not even fun now, it's stressful.
I could go into more detail but I ain't going too.
There is zero clan community IMO..

From what I understand is you're upset that most of your friends in the clan community have found new interests in life wether it be socializing with friends, sports or a new video game?

Because all your friends are gone, the clan community is slowly dieing?

I might have misinterpreted your whole post, but that's the way it came across. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Eh it's more of we have found other games that actually cater to the competitive aspect instead of the casual aspect, and I feel that MCSG wasted so much potential not going with their initial plans for clans, and in return just tried to take over the scene we created anyways without adding anything..

OrangesAndLemons95

Experienced
Reaction score
Wow... What a well written, thought provoking and interesting thread. When I saw this thread I was just like "Oh, another 'rant' thread... ._." but I'm happy I clicked on it because I couldn't agree more.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
Forgotten didn't quit because the community got worse. They quit because they disliked the game at a certain point due to private reasons.
To that point the clan community hasn't gotten worse, it has merely changed shape. Just because people that have been playing for 2 years straight quit (one of my good friends quit, he played mc for 2 years and was a very popular mcsg player, but after so long it gets boring) doesn't mean its gone to nothing. It has merely adopted new players, and maybe old players will return. Love is already playing mc again (the nerd recovered from his chair fall) and there are chances old players may come back.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I personally think that the clan scene has been diminishing rapidly, seeing as many clan activists are older players who seemed to have just moved on. I believe that the disbandment of Forgotten followed by the disbandment of Elevate and Trivium really started to bring things down. Then came along Legacy, which really just gathered all decently well known clan members either from their black holes of oblivion, or from other clans, ripping apart most of the highly ranked clans.

At this point, I believe the clan scene is at an all time low on MCSG at the time, but eventually we will see a new generation of players creating successful clans and it will move on (sadly, it is unlikely things in the clan area will ever be the same).

Then comes along Rebels. I swear that clan is branded by freaking magic. I mean seriously, talk about a long running and consistently great clan.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Forgotten didn't quit because the community got worse. They quit because they disliked the game at a certain point due to private reasons.
To that point the clan community hasn't gotten worse, it has merely changed shape. Just because people that have been playing for 2 years straight quit (one of my good friends quit, he played mc for 2 years and was a very popular mcsg player, but after so long it gets boring) doesn't mean its gone to nothing. It has merely adopted new players, and maybe old players will return. Love is already playing mc again (the nerd recovered from his chair fall) and there are chances old players may come back.
Never said it was the community.

Don't you think you would of stuck around longer had Antster gone through and did all the clan battle servers and Good that they talked about with us? More updates for the competitive side means people stick more, it works for the other games, but MCSG just tried to remain casual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci