• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My opinion on this "new leaderboard" poll

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, So I jumped on to play some MCSG yesterday and I saw that there was a new poll, I then continued through the commands and saw what the poll was for, I was honestly so shocked that they would even consider doing this when there are so many bugs like, Last durability of FnS, Ladder fall damage, Alaskan Village with fire everywhere and so on.

Making every ones stats 0/0 would encourage more teaming, hacking and more abuse than ever because people have the opportunity for an "amazing ratio" and when they die they will carry on. I think if the staff say whoever wants to keep their wins can but whoever wants a stat reset can do so for free, About half the people who want the new leader boards wouldn't get a stat reset, why? Because they want all the top ranked players to be below them and if the highest ranked players keep their wins they wouldn't get a reset because they would be so far from being at the top.

It is extremely selfish to take peoples money and then give out what was recently at a price, for free. All this is is a cry for popularity for MCSG. I think what they are hoping will happen is everyone will try to be number 1 therefore making everyone try hard meaning people are going to play excessive amounts time and probably purchase donor etc.

If this goes through I'm gone for good, I couldn't deal with being teamed upon just so they can win farm someone to get to the top of the leader boards. Honestly this is one of the most selfish things to do and they haven't given a reason why they are doing it. I didn't put my time and effort into this server for my stats to be thrown away. I know there will be legacy leaderboards or whatever but I want to be able to improve my stats and add onto them. If I wanted my stats to get reset I would've just bought a stat reset.

They should offer stat resets for free to those who want it and those who wish to keep their wins can. If the people want a stat reset, don't you think they would spend a couple of bucks to buy one?.

This is what I think about this new poll and like I said, If this goes through I'm gone for ever. I know I'm just one person but If I didn't care about MCSG as a server I wouldn't spend heaps of money on a donorship. All my friends said that they would quit if this went through because they wouldn't want to waste their time on a server that just throws around power and does what ever they want. A problem free solution would be give out resets for free to those who want it and those who want to keep their stats can, I know I already stated this and I also know I switched between past, present and future tense.

Thanks for reading, Let me know what you think.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I really don't understand why they can't just add monthly leaderboards and stuff without resetting the stats.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Buddy this is my point exactly, if they reset the game will lose all of it's fun, and we'll run into teams of 8 who hack and boost just so they can be #1

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
They should let people choose who want a stat reset and who don't want it, like you said.
Overall, I agree with this!

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Another one of these threads? Congratulations! You are the 5th person to make a thread debating this topic since yesterday!
(And was I wrong in saying that the anti-change people are always outspoken?)

I guess I'll bring up a few more points for the "yes" side. You did make some good points, though.
I was honestly so shocked that they would even consider doing this when there are so many bugs like, Last durability of FnS, Ladder fall damage, Alaskan Village with fire everywhere and so on.
The developers won't just constantly fix bugs all the time. Would you rather have exciting changes happening regularly with a few bugs or have perfectly running servers with nothing new, ever?
Making every ones stats 0/0 would encourage more teaming, hacking and more abuse than ever because people have the opportunity for an "amazing ratio" and when they die they will carry on.
How do we know that this leaderboard reset will increase these rule breakers? People say that exact same thing every time there is a change of any sort. It could decrease hackers, according to the Broken Window Theory, stated here. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...with-newest-update.139371/page-8#post-1547177
Anyways, these hackers and boosters wouldn't be a problem for long. Eventually certain figures who play fair would seize control of the top of the leaderboards, just like they did two years ago. (And look, Blamph wasn't a hacker or booster when he was #1. Neither was jeffeperro, SixZoSeven, or many others. The only example of this was WM_Blackout. who was a hacker at the #2 spot. He didn't last long, though.)
I think if the staff say whoever wants to keep their wins can but whoever wants a stat reset can do so for free
It is extremely selfish to take peoples money and then give out what was recently at a price, for free
Contradicting statements? I'm confused xD
All this is is a cry for popularity for MCSG. I think what they are hoping will happen is everyone will try to be number 1 therefore making everyone try hard meaning people are going to play excessive amounts time and probably purchase donor etc.
Honestly, if you know anything about business, you will know it is all about money. Though the owners of MCSG may have some good relationships with its users, they also have to make sure that MCSG makes a good profit. MCSG is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship in which the administration sometimes gives the community a say. When it comes down to it, they can do whatever they want. (Though it's not like they are going to do something really stupid/terrible)
If this goes through I'm gone for good,
A lot of people with a lot of wins and good stats say the same thing... But people with a lot of wins who are involved in the community are actually a minority. People with at least 100 wins make up less than 1% of the community. Not that you don't matter, it's just that you're not the only one that matters.
Honestly this is one of the most selfish things to do and they haven't given a reason why they are doing it.
If you had read the main post on the home page of MCSG, you would see that they gave many reasons as to why this might be a good idea. If you had looked there, you wouldn't have made this thread or said that.
I didn't put my time and effort into this server for my stats to be thrown away.
Yeah, it does kind of suck if your stats get thrown away, but it's not like anything lasts forever. Eventually those stats were going to be forgotten, whether because you quit or because the community died, MCG closed, etc... Anyways, it's not like stats are a right or anything, they are just numbers, nothing more.
All my friends said that they would quit if this went through because they wouldn't want to waste their time on a server that just throws around power and does what ever they want.
Aren't the old timers always resistant to change? This debate says more about the people arguing in it than the actual issue itself.

Sorry if my opinions seem really harsh. I just want to make sure that people understand both sides of the debate.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I agree jam, and to you BitoBain yes, I would rather they fix the annoying bugs rather than wipe away everyone's hard work.

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
Another one of these threads? Congratulations! You are the 5th person to make a thread debating this topic since yesterday!
(And was I wrong in saying that the anti-change people are always outspoken?)

I guess I'll bring up a few more points for the "yes" side. You did make some good points, though.

The developers won't just constantly fix bugs all the time. Would you rather have exciting changes happening regularly with a few bugs or have perfectly running servers with nothing new, ever?

How do we know that this leaderboard reset will increase these rule breakers? People say that exact same thing every time there is a change of any sort. It could decrease hackers, according to the Broken Window Theory, stated here. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...with-newest-update.139371/page-8#post-1547177
Anyways, these hackers and boosters wouldn't be a problem for long. Eventually certain figures who play fair would seize control of the top of the leaderboards, just like they did two years ago. (And look, Blamph wasn't a hacker or booster when he was #1. Neither was jeffeperro, SixZoSeven, or many others. The only example of this was WM_Blackout. who was a hacker at the #2 spot. He didn't last long, though.)

Contradicting statements? I'm confused xD

Honestly, if you know anything about business, you will know it is all about money. Though the owners of MCSG may have some good relationships with its users, they also have to make sure that MCSG makes a good profit. MCSG is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship in which the administration sometimes gives the community a say. When it comes down to it, they can do whatever they want. (Though it's not like they are going to do something really stupid/terrible)

A lot of people with a lot of wins and good stats say the same thing... But people with a lot of wins who are involved in the community are actually a minority. People with at least 100 wins make up less than 1% of the community. Not that you don't matter, it's just that you're not the only one that matters.

If you had read the main post on the home page of MCSG, you would see that they gave many reasons as to why this might be a good idea. If you had looked there, you wouldn't have made this thread or said that.

Yeah, it does kind of suck if your stats get thrown away, but it's not like anything lasts forever. Eventually those stats were going to be forgotten, whether because you quit or because the community died, MCG closed, etc... Anyways, it's not like stats are a right or anything, they are just numbers, nothing more.

Aren't the old timers always resistant to change? This debate says more about the people arguing in it than the actual issue itself.

Sorry if my opinions seem really harsh. I just want to make sure that people understand both sides of the debate.
I Completely understand you but with what I was saying about

It is extremely selfish to take peoples money and then give out what was recently at a price, for free. I mean if they are going to make it free, don't give the resets to everyone.​

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci