• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Opinion on MCGv2

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Before I say anything, I want to make clear that this is not a hate/spam thread. I will look at each specific addition and point out the good or bad things about them. I will not talk about bugs, as those will get fixed and just naturally come with any update on here. Remember that these are my opinions, not yours, so you son't have to agree with everything I say

The new hub/lobby: The new hub is great. It definitely needed to be expanded with all the new gamemodes coming in. The portals help space it out more as well. The bad part about it is the new Dynamic Server system. It's just a lot better to be able to see all the signs. And why am I seeing server like US-721 or something? That's ridiculously high. However, as for the new MCSG lobby, I don't think it was necessary. Sorry Team Elite, but this one was pretty bad. People in general dislike change, so you should've just added the gamemodes and updated the leaderboards. But a lot of people liked the lobby we had (which was also built by Team Elite).

New Commands: I do really like the /server (gamemode) command, it makes joining servers really easy and counters the Dynamic Server sign system for how complicated/annoying it is. This is assuming the bug will be fixed where I always get connected to games that are in PreGame or LiveGame. As for /report, I really have no clue how it will work. Maybe when someone gets reported, staff members watch them when they play next or something? I'm not too sure, but as long as MCG knows how it works and it does work, then I am fine with it. I feel like players will always get reported for really dumb reasons because people call hacks and 90% of the time the person isn't hacking. So the mods will be watching people for no reason and people who are just really good/have lag but are not hacking will be banned. I think /watch is kinda stupid, as people in general want to play instead of watch unless a friends/popular YouTuber is in there. I feel that this command is more for staff trying to watch people reported (for no reason, I might add). Not too sure I know of any more commands, fill me in on more if you know of any.

New Gamemodes: I am really excited to try all the new gamemodes from AntVenom's server, and hopefully he will make an SG series on here instead of on MinePlex. I haven't tried them out yet, and hopefully they will be fun things to do when I am not playing SG, because I am not expecting any of them to bypass SG in popularity. I can't really tell you too much or give any opinion on these gamemodes, but again, hopefully they will be fun.

SG Updates (Maps, Leaderboard and Voting System): I really am excited for the new maps to come out. I looked at the pictures/videos for most of them, and most of them look really good. I am somewhat disappointed that some maps are being removed, but a good portion of them I didn't really care about. As for the leaderboard updates, I fully support them. No one's stats are getting deleted, a new LB is just being made. There will be a separate LB for the past stats, and an overall LB for everything combined. So I'm not sure why anyone is complaining about this. As for the voting system, why did you change it back? It was amazing for people like me who mostly enjoy less popular maps (SG2, SG3, Fortress Pyke, Survival Kingdom, etc.). Now, I have to deal with playing my least favorite maps (which happen to be all the popular ones) including Turbulence, Holiday Resort, SG Highway, and more. It's not like those maps weren't played commonly with the old voting system, so why make it completely unfair to players like me? I really don't understand.

Overall: In general, I'm not sure how I feel about this update. I haven't played it long enough, and it's not even complete yet. So I can't give you a true opinion. Most of the community hates this update so far, but they just don't realize that the bugs they're complaining about will be fixed. The same thing will probably happen to this community that happened when MCSGv2 got added way back in February 2013 (or at least the new chests). Most of the old community quits because they despise the update, and all the new players who join just get accustomed to the new chests and like it because they never have played anything else. This revolutionized the game for the worse, making it all about PvP and completely diminished the "Survival" part of "Survival Games." Then they tried to change it back with the Chest Update, but it was too late and everyone hated that because the new community was used to MCSGv2 chests. I think that a lot of people will quit because of MCGv2 and a whole new community will emerge. But who knows, anything can happen. This update will seriously change this server network forever, and I just don't know if it will be for the better or for the worse.

Last edited:

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I don't understand why we can't have the old SG signs back.
I'm not sure either. I really wish they would change them back though, they're quite possibly the worst part of this update, but the voting system challenges it for the worst part as well.

Reaction score
I still haven't played on mcsg since the update. I guess I'll try it later. c:
I don't understand why we can't have the old SG signs back.
they were better, so I have been told, but you have to think. The update is to advance MCG. All these choices may not be great now, but when they expand off them later, I'm sure they'll be great.

I hate that the voting suet got changed. I really loved playing the underplayed maps, especially Fortress Pyke.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I still haven't played on mcsg since the update. I guess I'll try it later. c:

they were better, so I have been told, but you have to think. The update is to advance MCG. All these choices may not be great now, but when they expand off them later, I'm sure they'll be great.

I hate that the voting suet got changed. I really loved playing the underplayed maps, especially Fortress Pyke.
Only time will tell how this update will really be. Maybe I'll end up really liking them, but maybe I won't. The voting thing really stinks though, all my favorite maps never get voted. It was already hard enough to get them, now it's just impossible.

Fancypants6000

Survivor
Reaction score
Nice thread. Although you have posted this in the wrong section, considering it is not an update of just survival games, but of the whole MCGamer servers.

-Thread Moved-

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
The dynamic server system is actually quite useful for non-donors. It decreases the chance of getting kicked and makes it way easier to join games. Same with the addition of 2000+ servers.

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
This revolutionized the game for the worse, making it all about PvP and completely diminished the "Survival" part of "Survival Games." Then they tried to change it back with the Chest Update, but it was too late and everyone hated that because the new community was used to MCSGv2 chests. I think that a lot of people will quit because of MCGv2 and a whole new community will emerge. But who knows, anything can happen. This update will seriously change this server network forever, and I just don't know if it will be for the better or for the worse.
That's really interesting!

I guess I am part of the new community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci