• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Minecraft Story.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I have a long history with this game, and since I've made the decision to basically restart and focus on MCSG, I decided to write my story for reference, and for other people to read.

This story will be updated if I remember anything from the past.

--

It all started back when I was around 11, maybe 12. I was still into games like Club Penguin and Neopets. I was on the Neopets forums when I saw someone mention a game called Minecraft. I looked it up, and read a reddit post about the game. The person was describing his story in his survival world. I read a little bit of it, got bored, and closed the tab.

A year or two passed.
I was in my schools' library (I was in 6th grade at the time), and I saw this person on one of the computers playing a browser game. It caught my attention for some reason, so I looked close at his monitor. The game was labeled, "Minecraft for Free."

I went home and looked it up. I started a singleplayer survival world with no knowledge of what I was about to do. I still remember this world vividly, but I no longer have the save. I started out on an island. I thought the zombies were villagers. I got killed repeatedly. I didn't know that I could sprint. Most people would have ragequit at this point, but for some reason, I kept playing. I started watching a specific channels' youtube videos for instruction (Not linking, no MCGamer-related content is on the channel.)

After that weekend of derping around on Minecraft, I went to school, and told my friend Jayden (Skellie) about the game.

Before I tell you this next part, I need you to know that there is a specific member of the community that is not very fond of me. He is pretty well-known, and he has a lot of supporters. I know him IRL, and we've had our differences in the past. I'd prefer if you didn't try to guess who it was. Let's call him "Bob".

I was talking to Jayden about it in the hallway, when Bob came out of nowhere and asked if we were talking about Minecraft. I was kind of surprised, me and him hadn't really been that close of friends for a few years. Apparently he started playing Minecraft back in Alpha, and he knew everything about it. This made me and him become friends again.

Before I knew about Skype I actually called Jayden on the phone while playing video games. We wanted to play together, so we began to explore the multiplayer option. We hopped on a server called Shadowraze. It was chaotic. There was no order, everything was griefed, and players were getting banned every other minute. We still set up a base though, and managed to play on the server without interruption. It was all fun until Jayden got banned for "griefing". All he did was break a block to get out of a hole he got stuck in.

I decided to quit that server after that incident. I joined Skitscape's server, and started to play on that survival world. I also played on mau5ville while it was still up, and I even met deadmau5 there. There was no protection on Skitscape, so griefing was a big deal. Our first house got raided the day after it was built, so we decided to build in a more secretive area - under a village. We invited Bob to play with us, and he eventually brought along his best friend, who is now my best friend, nathan83764.

We played for a while, but there was often conflict. We would argue over who would get what resources, who owned what room, and who controlled the base. Me and Jayden eventually kicked Bob and Nathan out of our base, and we lived in separate areas. They walked along a river that went through some mountains, and dug into the side of one of them. We lived peacefully.. for a while.

Bob and Nathan came back and raided us. They completely demolished everything we worked for. I went over to their place to try and get revenge, but they just killed me repeatedly. Me and Jayden hatched a plan that worked for at least a week: having a decoy base along with our actual base. We moved along that same river, but instead lived in a hidden area in the valley near where Bob and Nathan lived. Since we had to take that trail along the river so many times, and we had nearly died so many times on it, we called it the Trail of Tears.

One day, me and Jayden decided to strike back, and total war ensued. After me and Jayden totally owned Bob and Nathan, Bob left some very personal signs near his base, which I could not break because of sign protection. I got the only moderator, ChaskyT, to remove it. It contained some of my personal information, which I used to get Bob banned from the server. After this war, we all left Skitscape.

Me and Bob were still friends IRL, but we were constantly arguing and fighting. We would always make up and be friends again though. Nathan just tagged along with whatever Bob said because he was his best friend. Nobody wants to lose their best friend. He always took Bob's side, and Jayden always took mine.

We found a server called VotK (Valley of the Kings). This was the point in which me, Nathan, Bob, and Jayden were interested in hacking and griefing. Our original intention was to completely obliterate the server, but after we built our town (it had Towny), we found that the community of like 7 people was nice, and the server was genuinely fun to play on. We became some of the most famous members of that community.

Several fights and arguments spawned from playing on there, though. People betrayed their towns, griefed, and broke every rule possible. Bob used his persuasive skills to evade every ban or get himself unbanned. The mods hated him.

On VotK I met someone who would end up being my best online friend: NinjaFisherman7 (Zach, zahkery) We were in a town together, and we became pretty good friends.

Over time just about everyone but me was banned. The mods were tired of our antics and decided to end it. That was probably a bad mistake, seeing as the server had an average of ~0 players on after we left. The server closed down a month later, and I have not been able to contact the server admins since.

During the early times of VotK I also had my private creative server that was hosted from my cruddy computer with my cruddy internet. We build a town and called it Adminiumville. I have so many good memories of those times. I still have the world saves. I once tried to start it back up and revamp it, but decided that that would ruin the nostalgic purpose of it and it's best to move on. Lots more fights happened on here, mainly between me and Bob. He kept breaking the rules, and I would ban him. He would complain, I would unban him.

Eventually I got tired of dealing with Bob, so I permanently banned him. He was furious. From there on was the downfall of our friendship. It's really sad how a game can ruin friendships like that. If you're reading this, "Bob", please just know that I have no hard feelings against you.

*Accidentally clicked post thread, I'll take advantage of this time and take a little break. My hands kinda hurt anyways.

*Aaaand I'm back. I typed up the rest of this but accidentally clicked out. FML.

Sprinkled into the times when I played VotK, I was watching griefing videos from people like iCHG, NodusGrieing, TeamExitium, GNUK, and TeamAvolition. I did grief servers, and even attempted to make my own hacked client. By the time that everyone got banned on VotK, I realized how bad it was to actually break the rules, and how getting banned is no fun. I decided to ditch griefing.

I still did like the risky aspect of it though, so I looked into factions servers. I got my friends on a server that will not be named (due to the fact that I'd rather not get banned for advertising). We got bored of that, and switched to another server. I noticed that with both of these servers, we were constantly getting raided. It's no fun to have your stuff get stolen. We all left those servers.

*If you didn't already know, I'm a pretty ambitious person. I also tend to get inspired easily, which doesn't help.

I realized that we enjoyed playing factions, and apparently hundreds of other people do too, so we decided to make our own server.

And now I owe my dad $400.

I got some of my best builders, Nathan and Zach, to build me an incredible spawn. I worked mainly on coding plugins, managing the website and the server, and permissions. Nathan helped me out with the permissions and plugin configuration.

After 4 long months, we finally completed our project. The server went public. It was called MalicePvP. It was a unique server that allowed for every type of glitching. Spawn was even raidable. We wanted the admins to do things more manually, to make the server more enjoyable. Here's some of the things that we were planning to do, if anyone cares: bit.ly/1lDxvW4

Honestly though, we never got over 7 players on at a time. We only got one donor, which was a close friend of mine. At this point, I had spent too much money, and my parents were beginning to get angry. I was forced to shut the server down. :(

After I shut down MalicePvP, I realized that a great deal of stress was lifted off of me. I no longer had to moderate players, making sure the server's working, code plugins, or worry on how the staff is behaving. I felt like I was on some sort of vacation. I was extremely happy.

I then realized that I had nothing to do with gaming. I had always had an Xbox with COD, Battlefield, etc.. I never really enjoyed those games though. I loved Minecraft and everything about it. I loved the risky aspect of the game, and I loved meeting new people.

My friend Bob had long since parted ways with my friends. He played on MCSG. I didn't want to play on there too... but I gave it some thought. I joined and played a few games. I LOVED it. I wasn't very good, but I really liked it. It was nice to play Minecraft on someone else's server and actually follow the rules. I played legitimately for the first time in a long time.

After a while, I won my 9th game. (I had 8 before I started being active) I was really proud of myself, for some reason. I had gotten 8 other legitimate wins before.. but this one was special, I guess.

I made a forums account. I posted on every thread ever. I kinda met TheCornStealer on the forums, idek how that happened though.. I saw him in a game, and we teamed. That was the first person that I had teamed with that I didn't know IRL.

After that, I met Yured. I had communicated to him over twitter before, complimenting him on his name. We added each other on Skype, and now we talk a lot. I consider him to be my first MCSG friend :D

[Updated: 1/21/14 5:57 PM CST]
I was on the forums, and saw duckluv321's post about the MCSG Plug DJ. I had been into plug.dj for a long time, so I decided to check it out. Being the one with the most points there, Cscoop decided to be sexy and gave me Resident DJ. This gave me a purple name, and a small sense of authority. People started to notice me more, and listen to me more. I was eventually asked to join the Rebels TS and talk, but I didn't stick around for too long. I was very shy.

After a few days, though, I got in a Skype tall with the lovely Aipom. He let me into the Kewl Kidz Klan, which is probably the best thing that's happened to me online yet. There, I met PixelPancake, Jacob, Ginger, Burtry, ThatFuryFellow, Meep11, bobbybarker, Maxypie, Core, and PikachuPro. I seem to talk to most of these people every other day, and that has really encouraged me to stick to this community.

One day on the forums, I found an iron donor contest. I won, and received donor from MJM239. Thanks to that, I was able to play a lot more. I used the iron donor to get significantly better at MCSG, and I actually started winning solo.

THANK YOU Mooclan FOR MY 1000TH LIKE. I LOVE YOU.
THANK YOU KoalaBears FOR BEING MY 100TH FOLLOWER. I LOVE YOU.

On 2/6/14, I hit my first milestone in-game. 50 wins. It may not seem like much to a lot of people, but for me, it's a huge accomplishment. Around that time I noticed that I had improving at a rapid rate. On FFA servers, I was getting crazy K/D ratios. I was usually getting a ratio of 4 or 5, and sometimes even 6. I noticed that I started to click faster, react faster, and not get as nervous while PvPing. I hopped onto MCSG to try to get my 50th win, and got it in my first game. I lost the next game, but managed to win 2 in a row after that. I had noticed that I wasn't trying quite as hard to win, but it still happened. I knew that this was the road to success in MCSG, and I continue to take it.

On Sunday, March 9, 2014, I joined the Royals v4. There, I met ProfessorRetro, GentleSnivy, and InfectedxB. So far we haven't necessarily done anything with the clan, but hopefully we have a lot of good times with scrims and such.

On that same fateful day, Ginger requested me write a paragraph about him in my story. And so I am. Connor is quite a hunky human being. He has long, luscious red flowing hair. He is quite the ginge.

The Royals disbanded shortly after, as the leaders couldn't seem to run an organized clan successfully. From that point on, I vowed to never join another clan that hadn't been going on for a while, since the majority of new ones don't last.

Shortly after I met Spike11. She's an awesome person, even though we don't play Minecraft together or anything. I just felt like she deserves to be in this thread.

For a long time, I seemed to not be able to win. At all. I was at 98 wins, so close to 100, and I just couldn't seem to win. I would always die to teams, and me, lacking the needed ping and talent to take them down, would continually get wrecked. To bring me past that point was ToeKnee. He helped me get to my 100th win on 3/31/14, and I even managed to record it. The video can be found on my Youtube channel, which you should be able to find on your own.

And now I'm here.

I will update this thread if anything significant happens.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Wrong section, I think. But oh well.

Also, sad story so far :c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member