• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Minecraft/MCSG Story

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
It all started when I first bought minecraft in September of 2011:

I played single player for about a month, until my friend from school introduced me to his server and multiplayer. I was instantly hooked. I loved minecraft; more than any other game I had ever played. I started playing with my friend who had moved to California on skype almost every day. His IGN was Delention. I remember playing on this SMP server http://imgur.com/uA9eOEW where we had this really cool castle with redstone and everything He was also the one who introduced me to a lot of the servers I played. We played mcctf for quite some time, which was a heck load of fun. In March of 2012, I saw the movie “The Hunger Games.” Is this how I found out about MCSG? Actually, no. I spent an hour looking up hunger games minecraft servers and I found mcpvp. These were the ones that had 100+ players, you could break blocks, etc. I thought these were really fun and I played these a bunch (With Delention, of course).

Now comes the part where I am introduced to MCSG. Every summer I go on vacation for about a month. When I came back from vacation, Delention was really excited about something. He told me he had found a hunger games server where “there were 24 players”, “you were able to spectate”, and “was like the real thing.” I remember the first thing I said was “So you can actually fly around and spectate?!” The next thing he told me was to join the server “us(can’t remember the number).mcsg.in. After a lot of explaining about how I wasn’t actually in the game and how we had to wait for it to restart, we were able to play our first game. Sadly, I cannot remember anything from the first game… My first recorded screenshot of MCSG was July 18th, 2012:

After that, he told me to go watch this guy called “CaptainSparklez.” Not only did I watch him, but I also watched AntVenom’s POV of the Survival Games Tournament. We played a lot of SG and most of the time we made it to deathmatch. I remember the dm arena with the falling sand and the lava. Most of the time he would beat me though since I was a “noob.” I started playing more and more and Delention started playing less and less. I was slowly becoming a good player. Another thing I remember is when the first community map came out: Breeze Island. I hated it then and to this day, I still hate it.

In October of 2012, I started up my youtube channel. I started uploading some redstone videos, along with a few MCSG videos here and there. My channel really wasn’t growing at that time though. Delention and I started playing some other servers, such as MineZ, skitscape’s server, and this one other server called Savage Prison:

January 2013. This is when I started watching MCSG videos. I watched Biffington, nate252, and Blamph, and later ThatOneTomahawk. They were my inspiration to become a better player. Their videos also taught me chest routes, pvp tips, etc. This was also the time when I first joined the forums and bought iron donor. It was all going well until late January. I was in a game and a senior mod, slasherxtreme was also in the game with me. I killed him in deathmatch to win the game. Just like any other day, I leave the server and join another one. Boom. You have been banned, time remaining: 1 week. I was so confused at what had happened. I posted a ban dispute which was upheld since I was apparently “hacking.” I tried 3 more times but they were all upheld by slasher. Only recently did I get the false ban cleared off my record…

Skip forward to April 2013. This was when I joined my first MCSG clan, the Bandits. Nobody really talked on ts or skype and we didn’t really do much. I stayed for 3 weeks or so and then I left. I can’t remember exactly when it was, but the first people I ever talked to from MCSG were ImNotAFK13 and Sim_Man. Sim_Man and I are still friends to this day. In May of 2013, I joined Oblivion, the clan run by Macobeast. I can’t remember much from it but I do remember the clan battle on Rugged Lands against the EU Legends in JustHellooo’s clan wars. Here it if you want to see us get destroyed by Elgoldo and his clan:
After Oblivion disbanded I was in Primeval for a few days but I really can’t remember. Around July 2013, Peoplelive (Flipzzy) got me to join the original Sovereign led by Frog. I had a lot of fun, especially playing CTW.

This is also the time when I started building “SG Airport”, which is now known as “Turbulence.” At the time it was only me building the map and I really did not have the motivation to build it by myself. I stopped building it after about a month.

August 2013. I finally was allowed to get a new computer! I was so excited that I would no longer have to play on my 2008 iMac that would run 30fps on short. When I got the computer, I pretty much stopped playing minecraft and moved over to Team Fortress 2. I played with my IRL friends a lot and pretty much quit MCSG. A fan from my youtube channel (which was doing pretty well) themastern00b added me on steam. We talked a lot (through typing) and played TF2 together.

December 2013. Themastern00b had gotten back into MCSG and joined the CyanVolts. After much consideration, I felt like I wanted to get back into minecraft and MCSG. So I too, applied for the CyanVolts. This is where I pretty much met all of my friends from MCSG besides the 3 or 4 from 6 months ago. I was playing a lot and was dedicated to the clan. Within a few weeks I was promoted to officer, and later captain. Everything was going well for a few months. My clan even helped to finish Turbulence:
After finishing, I met my good friend SuperxAndrew. Since both of us were builders, it only made sense to build a map together; so we built Shady Hollow.

Everyone in CyanVolts was having fun, and I loved the clan:

Things started going downhill when a lot of CyanVolts members left to form the Organization. My friends were split apart and there were lots of conflicts. Soon enough, CyanVolts disbanded and formed into Impalers, which I was a captain/leader of. That lasted for a month or two until it disbanded as well.

After that, I was done with clans. Andrew and I finished Shady Hollow and are hoping for the best when map updates roll around in June:
So here I am today. Delention has drifted off to steam games and we rarely talk. A lot of my friends from CyanVolts have also parted ways as well. Hopefully this summer is full of fun and memories, both IRL and in minecraft. I am leaving for vacation and I will be gone for all of June. I thought posting this thread now would be appropriate since I am taking a bit of a “break.” Anyway, since I didn’t tag anyone in the actual message, here is everyone that made an impact throughout my MCSG career (in alphabetical order).

ALL1DO1SW1N asdffish Biffington Blamph BlondeAsian Bunns ChadTheDJ chip27 Chris_hill12 Chris|Bro Cryptic_Gamer Dantelius Delention Drawster00 Epic_Frog_Song ericbubby Fenomous Flipzyy GentleSnivy HalfSquirrel ImNotAFK13 ITsMeTYL3R jake854 landowicked LittleRawr_ Macy | Cat Maskins94 mfungamer Mustache Man nate252 NativeTalent OuchTheSchauzer Progolfer1313 qxerft R0WAN Rhino1928 ShakeSchack Sim_Man Snickerssss_72 SniperSnakez Somers SunGodMonkey SuperxAndrew ThatOneTomahawk The_Arena_Master The_Great_Tito TheJustHellooo themastern00b WalkerRed xCrayfish XxSolarBearzxX YelloDawg39

Sorry if I forgot anyone; this was pretty much off the top of my head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR: Just watch this:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
:) Quite the story you have there. It's really cool that you added screenshots, I've rarely ever seen that done.

asdffish

Diamond
Reaction score
I still need to talk to you, it's been a while, expecting to play with you more when you get back in the summer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci