• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mute mod?

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if the Mute mod would be against the rules it is so you can mute players in game, So I do not have to hear the people spam when I have screenshots to report them.

Here is the mod link:http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1430913-162-jul-29-smp-stfu-–-client-side-mute-command-for-muting-players-in-smp/

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
Really it would probably be best not to use it.. but a senior mod might say its ok..

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome mod, Id love to know if its allowed to have now that I know about it! :p

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
It seems like it should be ok, the only problem might be if a mod had to talk to you and you muted them. We will have to wait for some input from a Sr. Staff member.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
When is it getting added? I can't wait! And I think MCSG would need to code it to actually can't mute mods, and such....

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
It's not being added. It's an existing mod he's wondering if he can use. :p
I know. I was saying "when is it going to be added" in the way I actually would love the command :p Although I don't think It will get added because It can be "abused" and maybe it could, and it may not...

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I dont know why would someone ignore a mod? But even if they did, its at their own rist, if they want to do it they can but that wont prevent them from getting banned if they break any rules, I dont see what would be the problem.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I know. I was saying "when is it going to be added" in the way I actually would love the command :p Although I don't think It will get added because It can be "abused" and maybe it could, and it may not...
If it was done in the way you suggested I think it could actually be a nice feature. There just needs to be that way they can't mute staff. :p

Screwster

Survivor
Reaction score
Personally, It might be one of those things that people quit MCSG over. If they get muted, even if they were spamming something like 'v 4!', they couldn't talk to you, the lobby wouldn't be as active and the player is fuming because he wanted to talk to his mate. I just don't think it will work, but my opinion doesn't really matter. Maybe make it a poll and see what people think? Thanks anyway - From the kids that play AU xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci