• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mini PSA: Account Robbery.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Within the last 72-48 hours, a group of people are going around trying to trick people into giving them "hivemc moderator", they give you a link and it tries to get you to log into the "panel" and it takes your Mojang passwords.

My little PSA here is about account robbery in general, and how to keep it safe.

Recently, the people who try to get information out of you. They dont speak proper English, so its very easy to identify them. For example, im my incounter I saw this:
  1. [1:26:47 PM] Jason | FabricJason | Hive | Paragon: hivemc got random moderator
  2. [1:26:49 PM] Jason | FabricJason | Hive | Paragon: and your win
  3. [1:26:53 PM] Jason | FabricJason | Hive | Paragon: do you want become a moderator ?
During this, I tried to be as discreet as possible, making sure I was answering questions with as little information as possible, after all, they do this for the information.

During any type of information grab, if they are trying to take your Mojang account, Name, Location, Age, DO NOT ANSWER, FILL OUT OR CLICK ANY OF THE LINKS HE/SHE MAY GIVE YOU.

I bravely clicked one of the links, this is what it looks like.

This right there is a chance to get your Mojang account details. It looks professional, but it isnt. This is one of the ways they will get your Mojang account details, another way could be that they simply ask for it, demanding they need it for the "rank upgrade"

The most important thing is you always never click their links. I took a risk, trying to get some viable information just to help you guys, but NEVER do what I did.

These people will claim to be "hive sr.moderators", while we are not Hive, we can still be effected by this. Once you identify these people, I HIGHLY suggest blocking them off skype and running a virus scan no matter what.

The number one rule is to be safe. If you clicked any one of his links, please run a virus scan and if any of your files are mysteriously missing, (if you can) back everything important onto an external harddrive and reformat your computer. Just be safe rather then sorry!

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Funnily enough, they added me and an administrator from here. I'm just messing with him as we speak. I'll post the logs once I'm done. :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
While I'm not personally likely to fall for this, thanks for letting the community know.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
Thanks! This is going to help a lot of people!

Andrew | TicTac

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks I was about to fall for it then I saw this thread xD I was about to put in my password.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci