• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft server help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am looking to make a minecraft server, port forwarding stuff no hamachi, and I do not have a clue how to do it xD yes I a big nub. If someone would please add my skype jay.kirk6 and help me out a bit it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

LeafyBlueTea

Survivor
Reaction score
Hosting a server on your computer = bad idea
Unless it's just for you and some close friends. But otherwise I'd highly recommend you look into some shared minecraft hosts.
http://cubedhost.com for example.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah I was wanting it to be just for me and my friend, not a server for other people to join

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
How to forward your ports:

Open your web browser of choice

>> Type 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar (like a link) and hit Enter.

>> This should take you to your ISP's website. If it has an administrative login, look on the back of your router (magic Internet box for the fully computer illiterate :D ) for that.

>> Once you've entered that (if prompted), then look for something that specifically says Port Forwarding, Advanced Port Forwarding, or (if all else fails), TCP/IP or really anything mentioning Networking. (There should be a tab for Port Forwarding somewhere though.)

>> Make sure to forward port 25565 (the default MC port) to 25565. Forward it through TCP, GRE, and whatever the third option is if there is one (usually is).

>> When you get really good at hosting servers, you can try forwarding through different ports (or even set it up so it randomly switches ports so it's more secure against DDoS attacks).

Sorry for the impromptu nature of this guide. I'd do better if I was able to walk you through it with Teamviewer software. Anywho, hope it helps you get started! :)

((Don't worry about getting Bukkit setup until after you've got the ports forwarded. There are Youtube tutorials aplenty for how to set up a basic Bukkit server.))

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Question Answered. Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member