• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft 1.9 - The Combat Update?

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
As of yesterday, Mojang released their April Fools snapshot for Minecraft 1.10. The snapshot changed the came to a 'pacifist' mode where fighting wasn't possible. (Didn't play the snapshot, so I don't know what it completely contained.) However, a clever Redditor found that in a certain area, snow will fall in unusual areas. Upon furture investigation, the snow revealed a QR Code that, when scanned, simply said, "Minecraft 1.9 - The Combat Update."

While everyone disregarded this as part of the prank, Dinnerbone later confirmed that this was in fact the name of the next update.

So, the next update for Minecraft involves combat. What could Mojang add that would either improve or worsen the current PvP? There's been much discussion about it over on reddit, but I wanted to hear your guys opinion, since we all do some PvP.

Personally, I'm excited for this. The current state of pvp is honestly a little bland, considering there is really only 4 tools for a fight. Adding some different weapons or variances to current weapons (like bows made out of different types of wood, giving different properties like bow draw speed.) could make pvp a lot more interesting. I'm looking forward for what they got in store.

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
First! And I'm hoping they essentially revert the game back to 1.7 with a few nice additons! :D

K

KiDD

This seems interesting. The tweet was kind of funny as well. Hopefully they really make "The Combat Update" as cool as it sounds.

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is intriguing. I am excited to see what Mojang brings to the game in the next major update. Hopefully this will stop people from complaining about how 1.8 ruined PvP. No matter what the update includes people will complain, I guess that's just how it works.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Hmm, that's quite interesting! I'm quite exited for how this will turn up, I just hope that they don't mess it up, and can understand to keep at least the basics of pvp as it is.

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
Really excited for this, I hope it will bring a new aspect to the game.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I think there is going to be a lot of complaining again once the PvP chances, even if it might chance for the beter.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
I think there is going to be a lot of complaining again once the PvP chances, even if it might chance for the beter.
That goes with just about every update nowadays. People don't like change. I just feel that if they do this update right, it can add more depth to the current pvp, with different setups or combos sprouting up. At first there will be complaints, but I believe those will die down once people get used to the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci