• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Medium hack level!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boex

Spectator
Reaction score
About 10 minutes ago on server 3 in the lobby, a message popped up saying something along the lines of -

[SERVER] boex55 has entered MEDIUM HACK LEVEL. This means he may have a hacked client or poor connection.

I can assure you now that I have never hacked on these servers, or any others. I despise hackers and see no point in ruining something made for you to enjoy. What fun is there in winning when you know you cheated.
Also, I know I have perfectly good internet connection. There was no sign of any lag/ping either.
I'm actually quite upset about this, as it was announced to the entire server, resulting in people targeting me during the game.
I have a clean reputation, use only the mod Optifine for FPS boosts.

Sorry if I sound a little grumpy in this, but it's quite annoying. I suppose we're still in beta, and a few bugs need to be ironed out in the plug-in? :/

Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else, or whether I was just unlucky...?
And also see if this affected my status/record or ability to join/play on your amazing servers.

[Sorry, I had no idea where to post this thread]

Thisnothend

Survivor
Reaction score
i imagine this is because they just transferred to a nocheat plus so they are still pretty new to the plugin. the message itself means nothing and wont affect you in game

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I have seen this message before. Only thing different was the people had entered "high hack level". I spectated the player and they seemed to be playing legitimately. I would not stress over this too much.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too soft about this, though. I have seen a few "medium hack level" and "high hack level" players that have actually been hacking in one day. Super speed hacks.

C

clankstar

This are indication notices, aimed at the admins. It is a good way to catch hackers for us, but it sometimes throws up a false positive, so we always specate before actually taking a decision.

You shouldn't be able to see these messages, but if you are not hacking, don't worry about them.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A Medium Hack Level doesn't mean too much. It just says there's a possibility. I saw someone called a medium hacker, I ran into him later and killed him pretty easily. He didn't have any sort of apparent hacks. However, if you get a high hack level, then you probably have a problem. As it's almost a guarantee they hack.

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
Well, then your connection pooped itself for a split second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci