• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG US (EST)

Kinify

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is a thread basically to for everyone to share their opinions for another US server. Since the Asian server has been taken down i thought they could possibly replace it with a server host in the eastern side of the Unites States.

The reason i want a Eastern server is because i get really bad ping and bad connection the currently hosted US server. I do try CA but that doesn't help since not many people play on it. Maybe this can actually happen if we get a decent amount of players that are willing to agree on this.

Please leave some opinions and vote if yes or no for a eastern server host.

Please do not start flame wars and all opinions are respected. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes it is pretty late and i am tired.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Moved to Community Corner.

Reaction score
U.S gets 2 server netowkrs, Asia gets none. I clearly see the logic in this.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Having too many server will divide the community even further. East Coast players can connect to the Canadian server too as that may get them better ping. Having three North American servers will just divide the community up even more, and it will require just another data center for the devs to manage.

Kinify

Platinum
Reaction score
The things is no one plays in Canada unless they change the player limit to start the game or something.

ChicoBoy

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the whole of AS will disagree with you
Exactly! Most of us lost our ONLY place to play Survival Games whilst getting decent or good ping! You guys are complaining because you're getting like 80-100ms while if we play MCSG we would have to play US where we get 200ms! Kinify I think making sure everyone has a place to play is more important than making it perfect for others.

Kinify

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about i get 300 ping average so yeah i get what your saying.

Papqx

Diamond
Reaction score
According to my sources (which may be wrong) CA is hosted in New York so technically there are already two hosts in the us, for the west coast and east coast. It's really only a matter of getting more people to play CA, but I don't know how big of a deal this is because there usually are a few CA games going on at most times

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally am not a fan of this idea, as I feel it is overkill. Why do we need two US servers? Just to get east coast players a little better ping? I don't think many of you have any idea of how much work this would take, and I don't think the benefits would be that large.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci