• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Single Deathmatch Arena

Do you want one deathmatch map for all games?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

FPSFGaming

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright, so once again, I'll be starting my thread by saying : MCSG is a community-based place and we make the change here. So, as you could have read from the title, we are gonna be taking a look at a "Single Deathmatch Arena". What I'm talking about is instead of getting teleported to the center of the map on each map in particular, you should be teleported to the same arena, no matter on what map you were playing before the deathmatch. Why would that be good?
First of all, there would be so much strategy going around if this was executed correctly. Even chokepoints, just in the deathmatch arena! It would be a whole new level of skill. And was MCSG v2 just came out, I thought it would be a great opportunity to share this idea.
Learn the map, get around the map more easily the more you play. Just raw skill. I thought this would be pretty good for competitive aspects, as well. Maybe, along with this change, the deathmatch player count would go back to 4, because in my opinion it's a way better number than 3. In clan wars and such it would be just incredible. Imagine 2 clans fighting in an actually delimited space, not just thunder! A whole new aspect of competitive MCSG.
And I think it would require less performance, but don't quote me on that. For example, get teleported to a different map, where there are no blocks beside the arena. Something like on Hive. Not trying to advertise here, just explaining it the best I can. Long story short, me along with a couple of friends thought this would be a great change to our servers. A Single Deathmatch Arena along with 4 people instead of 3 for deathmatch! What do you think! Please express your opinions below! :)
VOTE ON, FRIENDS!

w0wmonkey

Career
Reaction score
I love you nake, but this idea is pretty bad.
the 4 man DM may be ok, but the one only arena is pretty bad..

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This is a good idea, as some other servers have implemented this idea, and I think it may work just fine, but it takes the excitement out of map creators being able to make their own capable deathmatch arenas. In theory, there isn't much wrong with it but I feel as if this may rub off the wrong way with certain players and especially map makers.

FPSFGaming

Platinum
Reaction score
I get it, but personally, I think we should focus more on the pvp, the feel of the game aspect, rather than a bit of pride. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :) I'm just saying. xD

Last edited:

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I can see this idea going into different pathways.

The first one being that this could be a good idea. It can save time for map builders who might ever need to build a separate deathmatch arena because the cornucopia isn't as good for a final fight to determine the victor.

The second one being that it could be an idea that isn't appreciate by people. Some people possibly like the thought of having different deathmatch arenas according to the specific map there're playing. It can shake up the game and make it more enticing when battling opponents. Another problem that could occur is that it can annoy players because of the constant same deathmatch.

To be honest, I'm siding to the no side. I think having a wide variety for deathmatch is important and keeps the game fun and a challenge, especially when you're up against a team and use the map to your advantage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci