• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Player Cards - Week #1

Should I increase the number of cards released each week?

• Total voters

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
MCSG Player Cards are similar to the cards from games like FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team. I started this because I had the idea that we could make cards for MCSG players, and it might be interesting. A lot of people said it would be a good idea, so here I am.

The cards have six minor ratings that dictate different percentages of the overall rating:
-Strafe - STR - Skill with a sword - 30%
-Bow - BOW - Skill with a bow - 15%
-Rod - ROD - Skill with the combination of sword and rod - 15%
-Tactics - TAC - Applying tactics to win fights and games - 20%
-Awareness - AWR - The ability to be aware of your surroundings - 10%
-Flint n Steel - FNS - Skill with flint and steel - 10%

There is also a number displayed below the player rating that is either,
3 - Indicates famous or very well known player
2 - Somewhat known, or active community member
1 - Not widely recognized
These do not impact the players stats or ratings at all.

Here are all the types of cards (colors and stuff) that exist as of this post
-Bronze Shiny - Ranked 40 to 64 and has donor
-Silver Shiny - Ranked 65 to 74 and has donor
-Gold Shiny - Ranked 75 to 99 and has donor
-Purple Shiny - VIPs
-Orange Shiny - Staff
-White Shiny - Legends (high rated retired players like TOXICWASTEII)
-Bronze - Non-Donors ranked 40 to 64
-Silver - Non-Donors ranked 65 to 74
-Gold - Non-Donors ranked 75 to 99
-Black Shiny Gold - An upgraded card of a player that has improved - 40 to 64
-Black Shiny Silver An upgraded card of a player that has improved - 65 to 74
-Black Shiny Bronze An upgraded card of a player that has improved - 75 to 99

DO YOU WANT A CARD? Reply to this thread using this format:
IGN: (Required)
MCSG Rank: (Required)
YouTube channel or other source of footage: (Required)
Favorite food:

The more footage you provide, the better. If I am unsure of what a stat should be, I will probably make it fairly low so you don't get an advantage over anyone

A new set of five cards is released every Tuesday (week one will only contain three cards) in the Minecraft Survival Games section of the forums. This weeks set is attached to this thread: Huahwi, TOXICWASTEII, and BiboyQG. I did well known players so that most people could relate to the first week's players.

TOXICWASTEIICard.png HuahwiCard(2).png BiboyQGCard.png

Constructive criticism is certainly allowed, in fact, encouraged by me. I may not agree with everyone, but your opinion on what a player's rating should be may cause me to consider it and possibly adjust the cards.

Last edited:

EvilMonkeyzHD

Career
Reaction score
put me as gold shiny. bad with everything besides swords, tactics, and awareness. those should be insanely high

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
This looks really cool, but I have some questions on how this system would work.

1. Who determines the skill level of the player?
2. Assuming you made these in Photoshop, would you be willing to give out the .psd files for the cards to people you trust to make more player cards?
3. What criteria would you judge the players by in specific categories? In other words, what differentiates between a player with 70 STR and 90 STR? The number of hits they get in a strafe? The number of successfully attempted strafes?
4. Assuming you get your ratings for players from YouTube videos, how can you be sure those videos are an accurate testament to how well a player does in general? Maybe you should force players to upload a 15-20 minute play session on Badlion for a more accurate idea of how good they are.
5. Can I have one xD

I really look forward to seeing all these player cards!

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
This looks really cool, but I have some questions on how this system would work.

1. Who determines the skill level of the player?
2. Assuming you made these in Photoshop, would you be willing to give out the .psd files for the cards to people you trust to make more player cards?
3. What criteria would you judge the players by in specific categories? In other words, what differentiates between a player with 70 STR and 90 STR? The number of hits they get in a strafe? The number of successfully attempted strafes?
4. Assuming you get your ratings for players from YouTube videos, how can you be sure those videos are an accurate testament to how well a player does in general? Maybe you should force players to upload a 15-20 minute play session on Badlion for a more accurate idea of how good they are.
5. Can I have one xD

I really look forward to seeing all these player cards!
1. Me, tho feedback is appreciated and may cause me to change my mind.
2. Nope, made them on here http://www.futhead.com/card-generator/
3. It's opinion based, a combination of technique and effectiveness. It's hard to be accurate which is why I take as much footage as possible into consideration.
4. Yes, I get them from YouTube. I watch players at their best in montages and at their average in other videos of full fights or full SGs etc. The 15-20 minutes Badlion session is a good idea, but it would limit me to only people who are willing to provide the clip, which is a very strict limitation.
5. Sure xD just link me your YouTube and I'll try to make a card with the footage provided. If it's not sufficient, say I think your bow skill is somewhere between 80 and 90, I'd lean towards 80 to make it fair to players who did provide sufficient footage.

Kminer56

Platinum
Reaction score
put me as gold shiny. bad with everything besides swords, tactics, and awareness. those should be insanely high
just added a format you can use to reply to this thread with if you want to have your own card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci