• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Guide with tips/strategies

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Welcome to:
An MCSG Guide
By FireizedMC

In this guide I will be going through some key
things if you wish to get better at MCSG!
Please remember that I am not a very experienced
player compared to a lot of people, so some
of my tips you might not agree with!

The Sword

The sword is obviously going to be your main weapon in MCSG. Unless you want to be MLG pro and win all your games with Flint and Steel, you're probably going to be using the sword a lot. Somethings to remember when using the sword:

Type of sword: Be aware of what sword you have. You might think you're fine with a wooden sword when you're going up against someone with full iron, but you're not. Fall back and at least get a stone/iron sword in situations like this.

Attacking: When using the sword, you have two main options of attack. When using secondaries you can get into some more advanced stuff, for now I will be talking about sword only. If you think you outgear the other person, and maybe you want to get a quick kill, it's best to charge straight at them. If you are undergeared and have more time, it is better to take it is better to strafe around them. Act like you are going to charge right at them, and at the last second before you are in hit range, (you will get better at this as you practice more) jump to one side and try to hit them from the side, while holding down your sprint key and continuing to move in that direction.

Blocking/Blockhitting: Don't quit blockhitting because people call you a noob for it. Blockhitting, just like bow spamming, is a strategy that anyone can use and is a part of the game. Although blockhitting is not to be used everywhere, it can be helpful it situations such as a close quarters fight inside a small room, or if you and your opponent are close to each other. Do not block-hit in situations such as when you are trying to hit someone that is running away, it only slows you down. Never blockhit while attempting to strafe, it won't work.Blocking is also very helpful, mainly when you are in the water and you want to block arrows being shot at you, but you can block when someone is shooting at you while you are on land as well.

Criticals: Criticals can be the key factor that determine whether you win a fight or not. Criticals are dealt when you hit someone while falling. Simply jumping will not get you a crit. Trying to get a critical can work against you, especially when fighting someone with good ping, since being on lower ground gives a longer reach than being on high ground, they might be able to hit you while you are in the air.

The Fishing Rod

Defensive: The fishing rod is a very special weapon. Yes, it's a weapon. But it operates with other weapons, it's not much use by itself. When using the fishing rod defensively, it's usually when you want to knock someone away that is chasing you. When doing this remember that once you right click, the fishing rod will continue going that direction regardless of whether you turn around and start running the opposite direction or not. You can also use it if you are in a fight, and you think you are going to die, use the fishing rod to knock him away so you can escape.

Offensive: When charging at someone, try to land the fishing rod on them just before you hit them, it while knock them back or into the air, giving you the ability to get multiple hits on them without them being able to hit you.

Infinite fishing rod glitch: When you cast a fishing rod, if you wish, instead of right clicking to pull it back you can simply scroll or hotkey to another item, and it will not take durability damage. Personally I rarely use this in fights because I find that my aim is da lot better when I cast it back in, but it's up to you.

The Flint and Steel

Defensive Use: You can use the FnS defensively when running away from someone chasing you, do a quick 180 and place it in their path. Not only will it deal 3.5 hearts of damage in total, but it will also slow them down. Be careful, if you mess up on the 180 FnS, they will probably be able to land at least 1 hit on you.

Offensive use: Initiating a fight with FnS can be very effective. Not only is it harder to fight when you on fire, it will also deal damage. To do this, When you are running at someone, right before you reach them, place flint and steel down really fast, switch back to your sword and start beating them to death. Be sure to not hold out your flint and steel or they will know what you are about to do! You can also fake and pretend like you are running at them to fight, quickly place fire, turn around and start running.

The Bow

General Use: I'm not exactly the best person to go to when It comes to bows, frankly, I suck. This weapon takes a lot of practice, and some people just can't get good at it. But try to learn to shoot where you think your opponent is going to move, not where they currently are. Often you will see your opponent doing this pattern: shoot, jump left. Shoot, jump right. Shoot, jump left, and so on. It is very easy to predict this and you can get a lot of shots on them.

THANK YOU FOR READING! THIS GUIDE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember that practice makes perfect!

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Great guide, will definitely help people who are unaware about using secondaries effectively.

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
This is awesome! I know most of this stuff, but still a great, well written guide!

ewa627

Tribute
Reaction score
Good guide! Fireizedmc remember me in the other thread ? ._.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci