• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Classic: 10 Tips & Tricks #1

mcBakon

Spectator
Reaction score
Here's a list of ten things you should do in MCSG classic in order to become a pro like me (just kidding I'm a failure :(). So pay attention to these, they might just get you a few wins!

1. Do not listen to other players telling you to do alt+f4, /seppuku, etc. in pregame.
All of them are lying. Any player telling you to do something like "do /kill for diamonds" is trying to trick you. If you are unfamiliar about what they're saying, they're probably trying to kill you.

2. Develop chest routes.
On the big maps in classic where the chests are not so easily found and don't contain so much loot, it's absolutely essential you make a chest route. If you don't, you'll probably end up with leather boots and a piece of string while your opponent has full iron and a diamond sword.

3. Watch out for traps!
These are the original, unmodified maps you're playing on in classic! It includes all that sneaky cobweb/lava and redstone traps that Team Vareide put in when they first made their maps. If you're in a area where it seems too peaceful, there's probably lava or a redstone trap near you. Or another player.

4. Stock up on everything.
Save pretty much everything you get from chests early game. String can be used to make fishing rods and bows. Flint and feathers are essential for making arrows. Gold can be saved to make armor and golden apples, and rotten flesh and raw chicken can be used a last resort for health regen or sprinting. Bowls and shrooms are good for making stew.

5. Skype team.
This may seem super noobish but MCSG classic has been getting a lot more hackers lately as well as teams. Almost every game will have at least one two-team. Skype teaming offers better coordination and cooperation then normal chat teams, so as long as you don't end up with a pedophile on the other end, you have a far bigger chance of winning.

6. Know glitches and bugs.
Since MCSG classic uses the old plug-in, know what glitches there are and what they do. Flint and steel cannot be used except for on top of grass (not the block), so it's pretty much only useful for disposal. Fence glitch still works, and the food saturation goes down incredibly fast (it's smart to kill mobs for food). There are probably other glitches out there, but I won't tell you them all.:D

7. PVP like a pro.
Yeah...this isn't easy. You will need a good computer with decent fps (try changing around your settings if it seems too frame-laggy), ability to strafe, know how to crit, aim and predict movement with the bow, and pull off combos with the fishing rod. These all take practice (try watching some PVP tips and tricks vids on Youtube, it sorta helps). However, the general pvp skill in MCSG Classic is pretty low compared to regular MCSG so you don't have to be super good at it.

8. Change your settings around.
Try setting your hotkeys so that you're more comfortable with them. If sprint key as 'shift' doesn't work for you, change it to 'r'. Same with the other hotkeys. I use 'I' as inventory, 'J' for drop, 'C' for crouch, and 'E' for sprinting. I guess I'm special.

9. Don't be an idiot.
Stay calm and collected in situations which actually include some tactical thinking (i.e. Teams, Hackers, Water Battles). If the odds don't seem to be in your favor, back off. Yolo-ing on a triple team of Skyping hackers in a lava parkour area doesn't seem smart, right?

10. Play a lot.
Practice makes perfect. Spectate good players. Playing more and more will get you comfortable with the unique style SG classic offers. Pretty much everything in it is different then in MCSG v2.0. Adjusting to this gamestyle can be tough at first, but once you master it, it's really easy to win a lot.

That's all I have. Leave a like and comment your own thoughts and tips. If you want a second one of these, make sure to tell me in the comments.

k thnx bai pece :]

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
1. Do not listen to other players telling you to do alt+f4, /seppuku, etc. in pregame.
All of them are lying. Any player telling you to do something like "do /kill for diamonds" is trying to trick you. If you are unfamiliar about what they're saying, they're probably trying to kill you.
This is actually against the MCGamer official rules. If you see someone attempting to mislead users in a game, please feel free to report them to us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci