• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG 2013 vs MCSG 2014.

Zakthecreeper

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, Another thread by me. So what? I'm bored.
Anyways.

I been playing MCSG since early 2013. And so far, I kinda want that year back.
Why? because that community said friendly things to each other, Barely anyone teamed.
Now i'm not saying that this years mcsg was bad. Out of all honesty, Chad improved some things about the server.

Now, If you been a player since 2013. Please go ahead and share some things you like and disliked about this year, And last year.

tumblr_mp4owsZuhC1sui313o1_250.gif

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
In 2013 there was at least one DDOS attack every weekend. Now they are handled much better.

Last edited:
N

Nafeynafe

I've only been here for like 4 months, so idk. MCSG seems pretty great, but I wouldn't know if it was better last year. idek

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I honestly prefered 2013 for the game since there was less hackers and try hards however I currently prefer 2014 for the forums. I feel it has been pretty enjoyable ^_^

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't know a single old player who prefers the current times over the old ones, imo. Not because "the server sucks now" or because of the hackers or teaming that people think is more prominent (fun fact. It really isn't) but because it was nostalgic. All of our friend groups played back then, by now a lot of people have quit and it's become slightly more lonely.

Also, back in 2013, the average player wasn't exactly all that good because there weren't literally dozens of massive YouTubers revealing all of the ins and outs of PvP that used to come with experience. Now if I want to be good, I can just go watch Huahwi's tips video or something instead of putting months and months into improving your skill, as I and many others did.

I personally liked the playstyle and flow of the actual game in around mid to late 2013 because it was more fun if you were skilled. Not that it was easier, but the game was just less stressful.

In ways of the server's improvement, 2014 is much better and more developed. More gamemodes, better plugins, etc.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
We have to see everytime in the positive way.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
In 2013 there was at least on DDOS attack every weekend. Now they are handled much better.
Indeed. DDoS attacks are still as frequent; however, with the fiber optics that Chad has luckily invested in, we can handle them a lot better now than we could even 5 months ago.

Although I wasn't here for MCSG 2013, I like the 2014 MCSG. Even though there are a lot of teamers and such, I still think that MCGamer and MCSG is heading in the right direction.

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
2014. Mcsg v2 released :) . A new mcsg era is coming in 2015. I like 2014 and let's see what's about 2015 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci