• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

McGamer V2

Zarx238

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! First off, I would like to preface this post by stating that this post contains my own personal opinions that reflect on me and me only in regards to the McGamer V2 update and are based on my own experiences.

My first impression of the V2 update was "WOW, LOOK AT ALL THE NEW STUFF!" and I kid you not, that is my exact reaction. New hub, New Games, New Systems, and a lot of change. I then noticed different server numbers and was puzzled at the fact, but was then told that MCGamer is using Dynamic Servers (This essentially means that the servers are not dedicated to 1 specific thing such as being a Hub or an Sg, it means that an SG game could become a TF2 game, and then a Hub) and moved on. I have been playing on it ever since it has came out and I have gotten to liking it.

I then look at the chats and am very disappointed to see everyone bashing V2 and starting mass campaigns to "Bring Back V1" and overall threaten to leave the server if the Staff fails to do so.

To quote one of the most iconic figures is history:

"
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"
- John F. Kennedy

It really upsets me to see everyone creating nothing but trouble and negativity and spam in the chat over an update. I am baffled at the reason as to why people are doing such. Every time Minecraft updates and adds new features with new possibilities to new gamemodes and new gametypes, no one seems to complain about the bugs and glitches of the game, but when McGamer updates, its all out chaos. The rules have not changed and McGamer hasn't implemented a new EULA, so the negativity baffles me beyond belief. The server needed to move forward and make new things and new game-modes, otherwise it would have gotten pointless. That is the whole point. Minecraft continues to update and continues to be our favorite game. It never gets old.

To rebut what I have been seeing in the chat, "Why fix something that isn't broken." Why stop running when you can sprint to the finish line? Why would we stop being creative and aspiring to do greater and better things when we can do even more? McGamer didn't fix anything "broken" in the past, it evolved into something greater for the vision of the future.

Finally, I would like to conclude with this point that I feel is the most important. Most people don't like change at first, and that's OK, but in time, you will learn to like it and accept it. For example, when slavery was deemed illegal in the US and it was deemed to go against basic human rights, most people at the time were greatly upset. They could not believe what they were hearing, but today, we think of slavery as a cruel and unusual crime and something that is NEVER acceptable. (This point of view coming from an american were slavery was a big deal and was taught heavily in our school systems)

So my advice that I want everyone to listen and follow:

Before trash-talking McGamer v2, give it some time, let the bugs be fixed, and be patient with the server. The server is here for you, so maybe be there for the server for once.

Froggytv

Sr. Mod | Staffing Team Trainer
Reaction score
This is perfect Zarx. Thank you for explaining this.

Rebel_Guy

Spectator
Reaction score
This sums up exactly how I feel about all this. Well said! Hopefully, people will calm down and open their eyes soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci