• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer Suggestion: New anti-cheat?

Should the devs of MCGamer look into this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkEclipse

Spectator
Reaction score
Operation: Save MCGamer
I know that this server is loosing popularity due to reports that hackers are becoming more common, but I would like to propose a solution to this : A New Type of Anti-Cheat. Many servers have what is called an "invisible steve/alex model" which floats nearly away from a player's view, once the player uses kill-aura and starts hitting the model the server will automatically ban the player. This is a good solution because cheaters are able to be banned more quickly than reporting players and waiting for a staff member to review it.
So what about the speed hackers and fly hackers?
I haven't look into much details about this one since this server actually have a decent anti-cheat which kicks players for flying or speed hacking.

ThatKawaiiSam

Survivor
Reaction score
I know that this server is loosing popularity due to reports that hackers are becoming more common,
Part of the problem but still true.

but I would like to propose a solution to this
Ok sounds promising

A New Type of Anti-Cheat.
Oh boy, another suggestion about the anti-cheat

Many servers have what is called an "invisible steve/alex model" which floats nearly away from a player's view, once the player uses kill-aura and starts hitting the model the server will automatically ban the player.
MCGamer already does this because they use the same plugin as nearly ever server in existence, NoCheatPlus. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with NoCheatPlus, except that it is one of the oldest plugins on BukkitDev and Open source, meaning that hacked client makers can see what algorithms they alter them (via packets and etc.).

No for the "invisible steve/alex" that is just a fake player entity which is spawned in above the head to either catch BLATANT Killaura or BLATANT Triggerbot. Servers such as Badlion and kohi to my knowledge do not use this technique as they have more advanced packet based systems.

This is a good solution because cheaters are able to be banned more quickly than reporting players and waiting for a staff member to review it.
Yes it would be faster, however if not done correctly it can set off false positives which can sit badly with the community.

So what about the speed hackers and fly hackers?
I haven't look into much details about this one since this server actually have a decent anti-cheat which kicks players for flying or speed hacking.
Again, most servers use algorithms using velocity and packets, and I believe NoCheatPlus does a good job of that, but does not encompass stuff like, Server Lag, Play Ping, Player Packet Loss, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci