• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Major Tips! [Survival]

Good tips?

• Meh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Bad tips.

• Yes if you had better grammar XD (I know)

• Total voters

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Here are some ways to get your faction good on the survival server, I will go in order
of things you need to do.

Looking for a spot to build your base and building your base:
Well this is probably the first most important thing to being successful faction. So you don't want to be anywhere within 2k blocks away from spawn, yet you don't want to build it at the border because trust me, people scout at the border. A good spot to be is about x = 5.56k and z = -2.21k That makes it so no the coords have nothing in common. Now, after you find the perfect spot to build your base you are going to have to build it either at sky limit or underground, so people cannot easily see your base. Now depending on what you want to do you could either have it all claimed, but that would mean you would have to have it made out of obsidian with water around it to prevent an easy raid, not unraidable, but a little bit tricky ;). Now if you want it unclaimed then you can make it out of whatever you want. Now by building the unclaimed base if someone finds you, you're screwed. But the good thing is people can't do /f map to find you or they won't even notice you're there if your base is far enough in the sky or far enough underground. Now that you are done with the base part let's move on.

Creating a faction, and inviting players to your faction:
So once you have found that spot to build a base you want to start up a faction so they can help you build. When you are just starting up a faction you are only going to want to invite 3 or 4 friends you trust. Not just 3 random people that could betray you. So once you have found those few people you are going to want them to be promoted to officer, so they can help you ally, enemy and claim some things.
Now when your faction is new like this, you should ALL go mining to gather up resources, because if you only have 1 miner, you aren't going to get as many diamonds as if you had 4-5 people mining. Also another thing, if you get caught Xraying, your faction will get WIPED, which means everything your faction ever had will disappear. Point: DO NOT XRAY!. Now after you have enough diamonds and a big enough base, you want to choose how big you want your faction to be, a small faction or a big one. Just remember ANYONE can betray you, choose wisely.

How to prevent losing everything:
So this is how to prevent loosing everything. Alright it all starts with having a backup base ready to move into. This will only work if you have a claimed base. You want to always have 1 member online it doesn't have to be 1 person, but the point is you have to know when someone is trying to blow into your base. That means your sound should always be on. And when you here them trying to get in, go on skype/TS and tell everyone in your faction to get on and you need to start moving into your backup base that hopefully some of you have your home set there. You want to take all your valuables first, because you don't want to lose those. and once you have moved everything and they are still trying to get in, just leave a sign saying 'GG You get nothing'.

Mining, 2 kinds:
So there is 2 kinds of mining if you have an Eff. II pick+.
Type 1. Strip mining. So if you have a pretty decent diamond pick enchanted you can go strip mining which is where you mine a 2x2 area for as long as you want then out of that you make more 2x2 strip mines.
Type. 2 Caving. So this is where mine a 1x2 area looking for caves to mine ores. This is also what you do when you don't have an Eff. II+ Pick. Basically, you are trying to get free ores that are showing.

Creating allies and enemies:
So if you are playing a faction server you want to have at least 1 strong ally and tons of enemies :D.
Now you also want to choose your allies wisely as they can betray you at any time. If you are at a base make sure to enemy them or else you cannot hit them (@Soulv2 used this tatic very well once).
Allies can help you a lot, by taking down factions with you, if there is a big group of allies, they can take down a whole server. I don't really have much else to say here other than enemy the forgotten :p.

Scouting for bases:
So when you are scouting for factions (Bases) you always want to have Faction Map on. It will look
regularly like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilderness

That is what it regularly looks like. When you see a base it will have a backslash where the dashes are.

I am not the best at F Mapping :p. Also another thing to do is scout the nether for nether portals. 1 block in the nether = 8 Blocks in the real world. So finding portals in the nether can be easy. When you find a base make sure to sneak so they do not know you are there. You want to plan out raiding not just rush right in. That brings us to the next section.

Raiding:
So raiding is all about stealth. If you can get into a base with out blowing it up, and you can't get banned for it, DO IT! Now if you are just raiding a claimed base without obsidian you need to build a TnT cannon:
Now, if you are raiding an obsidian claimed base, there really isn't any way to get in unless somehow Antster360 or Dave can add obsidian breaker ;). Now if they do add obsidian breaker you want to build your TnT cannon in unclaimed land and blow your way in there with how ever many shots it will take. Now, if they add obsidian breaker and people have water or lava over your base you want to build a hybrid TnT cannon.
Fighting people at spawn; or in their bases:
Well, once you become a faction that is legit with lots of materials, you are going to want to show it off by killing people. Weather, it is killing people in their base while raiding or going to spawn and just wrecking everyone, you are going to have to decide. You can either attack while invisible with a diamond sword and a strength II potion, this makes it so you can surprise the enemy and get the first couple hits on, just remember you have NO armor on and 4 hit with an iron sword, so be careful! Now you can either go in with little armor and tons of potions no kill them which is good if you don't have many diamonds. Or you could go in stacked armor, not too many potions which is good if you don't have enough brewing materials, and o course you can go full out with all OP stuff, lots of potions, just remember if you die someone else gets that armor. Strategy will be the key when fighting people out of spawn. A good trick most people use is having bait outside of spawn and when someone goes for the bait, 2 other people jump out and kill the person who takes the bait.
Brewing:
This is the key to PvP on faction servers. Brewing can save your life like you would never believe!
Brewing takes some rare materials to make but once you do you can become one of the best.
For brewing you are going to need to travel to the nether; don't build a nether portal in your base, go far out and build it, because lots of people scout for nether portals in the nether because 8 blocks in the real world = 1 block in the nether. The main materials you will need are netherwart and blaze rods. With brewing you can: Weaken your enemy, make yourself stronger in damage, make yourself resistant from fire, damage your opponent, and lots more! Here is the full recipes, just scroll near the bottom: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Brewing
COMMANDS:
/f create (create a faction)
/f claim (Claim land for your faction)
/f map (Scouting for bases)
/f enemy <fac name> (Enemy a faction!)
/f ally (Become friends with a faction)
/f sethome (Set home in your factions claimed land)
/f home (Go to your factions home)
/f inv <name> (Invite someone to your faction!)
/f kick <name> (Kick someone in your faction!)
Sorry if I have bad grammar, I am typing the most part of this at 5AM.
If you want me to make a Part II for more advanced tips, give some positive feedback!

NolenNox

Experienced
Reaction score
This is a great guide! I will definitely be referring to this in the future. Thanks.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why must there be a guide to make you better! You have to learn from experience :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci