• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Learn to Calculate the Armor Bars in your Head

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hi I want to tell you that it might be useful to know how many Armor Bars your oponent has.

-If your fighting someone in water and dont know if you win if you always hit each other at same time with same wep you can calculate if you'll win or lose.
-Or if your in team with a friend and your not skyping you can tell him what he should put on / off to get same armor. (this sounds unnecessary but it can save 30 Seconds at dm which is much because dm is just 3 mins and if there is someone else you maybe just have 1 min left if you cant calculate)
-If you see someone and want to tell you how he's geared you probably either say:
good or bad or decent. Good can be Full Iron or Full Gold - there is a difference of 2 Armor bars which is much.
If you can see him a bit longer you say: He has gold chest, chain helm but most of the time this doesnt help your mate much because he has to concentrate himself if hes fightng or something.
If you can calculte the Armor you say: He has 6 Armor bars - If he knows MC this helps him most
Its short and your mate knows what he has to deal with

(I know its not the most important thing but if you can calculate quick the armor you will see it helps)

_______Full|.Hemet|Chest|Legs|Boots
Leather.3.5|.0.5___|.1.5_|.1.0|.0.5
Gold___5.5|.1.0___|.2.5_|.1.5.|.0.5
Chain__6.0|.1.0___|.2.5_|.2.0.|.0.5
Iron___7.5|.1.0___|.3.0_|.2.5.|.1.0

Often Seen armor: Iron Helmet, ChainChestPlate, Iron legs, chain boots, if you look at the list you can see that he has 6.5 do examples like this in your head :)
You dont have to care about diamond armor its rarely used.

Helmets are pretty uninteresting... Chain / Gold and iron give 1 Armor bar and leather 0.5 No big difference. Gold, Chain and Iron is equal
Chestplates are 1 time equal: Gold and chain. The Leather one is way worse than the other.
Legs are the most interesting in my opinion: Its always going up with 0.5 armor--> Leather 1.0 , gold 1.5 , chain 2.0, iron 2.5 diamond 3 ! Gold is just 0.5 better than leather. and Gold is way worse than iron legs though Gold helmet and iron helmet are equal.
Boots are pretty equal aswell... Only Iron has different stats...

Iron helmet : 1
Leather Chest: 1.5
Gold Leggins : 1.5
Chain Boots : 0.5
All in All : 4.5

Compare to

Gold Helmet : 1
Leather Chest :1.5
Leatherlegs : 1
Iron Boots : 1
All in All : 4.5

The Difference is just a half but look at these pictures...
I guess you would fight the 2nd one... though they have same armor...
Dont be blind ;) And you'll see that the fights are possible even if they look like you cant win ^^
cute.jpg

And now the 2nd.
nicy.jpg

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I knew about armor bars before reading this, but it's still really well laid out and explained. Thanks for this :)

Skeleton

Experienced
Reaction score
I knew every number part of a amount bar it is easy to remember

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Now calculates the armor reducing percentages from different damages. ;)

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I always do that, not with calculating the armor points, but i guess how many hits i need to kill him/how much he regens. Like when i see a full iron guy, i have iron sword i need about 6 hits. But after the 3rd hit he runs away for a while. Then i guess i'd need like 5 hits on him now

Reaction score
I do this all the time. It is really helpful, especially if you are chasing someone and you are wondering how much it takes to kill them. Check their armor and calculate how many hearts they have left from the damage you've done (example: It takes 5 hits to kill someone without armor with a stone sword).
Then you don't need to wast your arrows. c:

Orthokid

Spectator
Reaction score
Who cares about all that. I'd just go and murder them both easy.

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Who cares about all that. I'd just go and murder them both easy.
I explained that. If you dont need it and murded everything. well... *looking at your stats* 14 Losses in a row... not bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci