• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Laptop Suggestions

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay.

Alienware's are simply a joke. They're bulky as bunnies. A laptops' purpose is to be portable, and this includes being light-weight, small, and packed with decent specs.

I recommend any of the Razer laptops: http://www.razerzone.com/store/gaming-systems
I recommend the Macbook Pro Retina Display 15 inches
Those two are just light-weight, have amazing screens. They're what we proclaim a laptop now a days, just with better specs above other laptops.

Also, both have VERY similar specs:
⚫basically the same CPU.
⚫Macbook pro has 512GB SSD/Razer has 128GB SSD.
⚫Razer has slightly better graphics card.
⚫Same amount of RAM

Yeah, the Razer is slightly better at some things, I mean, the brand focuses on gaming, whereas Apple focuses on video editing. Nonetheless, both specs pretty much the same. I would go with the Macbook Pro because games consume a lot of GB, or slightly pay higher than the Macbook Pro for a Razer Blade with 512GB SSD (priced at $2699.99, $200 more than the Macbook Pro).

If you have a budget, go with a desktop computer. Yup, nothing else to comment on this.

Reaction score
Listen. All these other people are giving biased answers of what they think is best.

I'm just going to give you a non-technical and factual answer. Not giving any recommendations.

The first problem I see is running WoW (and assuming Minecraft) on a laptop. There's no doubt you could run those games (and go slightly beyond those), but you won't get the best out of a laptop. I'm not trying to direct you into buying/building a PC, but a laptop is not the best option. If you are buying one of these for the sole purpose of portability of the convenience of the smallness, then you want to buy a good laptop.

A gaming laptop will be able to run WoW and Minecraft just fine. It's a gaming laptop with the necessary parts installed and you should have a jolly ol' time with your games. A normal laptop will not last long or perform as well as a gaming laptop. They don't last as long, they don't perform as well, boot times are slower, not able to play high settings etc. However you won't ever be spending more than $1000 when it comes to these laptops (assuming you are American). However, with all these benefits of a gaming laptop comes a price. I don't look at gaming laptops much, but the lowest I've seen is about $1000, for a mid-low end gaming laptop, as the company compares it to its high-end laptops. You should definitely acknowledge that it is a lot faster and it will have a life span of more than a year or two.

Something I want to stress is normal laptops lifespan's are surprisingly short. A lot shorter than what you might expect (as a gamer). Normal laptops usually have 500Gb-1tb hard drives, those beings HDD's (also known as just a 'hard drive', with a short life span if you play games). Not only do those games eat up hard drives, but also RAM(memory). Most laptops have about 4GB of standard RAM, and does its job as it should. The reason why gaming laptops run everything better is specifically due to the 8GB of quality RAM. Games like WoW and MC will eat this up easily. I played on Minecraft a Toshiba laptop for about 8 months straight, nearly everyday use. Now it's really trashed and runs very slow. My friend with an Alienware laptop has had his for 1 year + and it has been running well through that period of time. I'm not implying you buy an Alienware, I'm just using that as an example, as Alienware is one of the major gaming laptop makers. I am implying you get a gaming laptop due to the bad quality and lifespan of a normal laptop.

In general, gaming laptops are pretty much made to play what you do. They have good RAM and hard drives (called SSD's, run significantly better. Can't stress enough how important that is.), and don't have the high-end CPUs/GPU's that hard core gamers need, making the mid-level gaming laptop perfect for MMO gamers and MC players

Keep this in mine before buying; if all goes wrong with laptops - the gates of the PC world are wide open.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
don't ever buy alienware overpriced piece of junk with shiny lights is all it is
Ye I would say alieware is a bit over priced. I would recommend an Asus laptop, im thinking about buying one myself for my second computer :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci