• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lag: Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just yesterday when i was playing the survival games i got a weird type of lag where everyone would freeze for ten seconds and then teleport away. I however was walking around like normal on a smooth 50 fps. Also I now have to wait ten seconds for the chest that i clicked on to open. Plus when i try to kill someone i am swinging air because they are not really in that spot. I have also died 6 times now from a guy who was invisible where my defense options are to either run or swing at air and hope i get lucky. Please help me on what i should do to fix my computer because i have an old acer aspire t180 from 2006. Plus i'm a noob when it comes to computers.

RAM 1GB
Download speed 9.74 mbps
upload speed 0.96 mbps
processor amd athlon 64 processor 3800 + 2.40 ghz
OS 32 bit windows vista home basic
i have no idea what the details are on my graphics card i have other than its really bad

thats all i know about my computer. i was 7 when i got it and my dad (7 year old quote) "made it work" please help!

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i forgot to mention that i have optifine and single player commands installed and my video settings are turned all the way down (no fog, tiny R.D. no animations, fast graphics on everything, no lagometer on debug screen,smooth lighting off etc.)

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First of all.. take it easy! Second i wanted to say give your minecraft more RAM but because your computer only has 1RAM that might be the problem. Minecraft need atleast 1Ram to be playable. (correct if me if im wrong) If minecraft is running there are other program also running so it chairs the 1RAM with the other programs..

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I would agree in getting more RAM. Keep in mind that a 32-bit OS can only use up to 4GB of RAM.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i have the same problem... it started yesterday... it's not because of my computer specs.. because i could run it before... But its Connection lag.. i just have a normal fps. but chests opening takes very long... and other players are standing still and dissapear because they walked somewhere else but i can't see that.. So it is connection lag

EDIT: i play on EU

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. Get better ram
2. Install windows 7 64bit
3. What is your ghrapic card? it's the most important thing that can solve lag.

Alexdude729

Survivor
Reaction score
hey its not your computer its the servers after the ddos attack it kinda messed servers up everyone been experiencing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci