• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

keep "running out of memory"

destructor23

Spectator
Reaction score
Is this a problem with me or the server? /everytime im in lobby it happens >.<

GloomyHD

Spectator
Reaction score
It usually means the amount of RAM you have dedicated to MC isn't enough.

NegativeFlames

Spectator
Reaction score
this happened to me and i got the 64bit version of java and it never happened again. So see if ur computer is 32 or 64 bit and get the version of java that suits it. If u don't know how to do this just get the opposite to the one you have currently.

destructor23

Spectator
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice! I will change soon if I have 32 bit. I really appreciate your help! :)

destructor23

Spectator
Reaction score
this happened to me and i got the 64bit version of java and it never happened again. So see if ur computer is 32 or 64 bit and get the version of java that suits it. If u don't know how to do this just get the opposite to the one you have currently.
would you recommend
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) (64-Bit)

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
Dedicate more virtual memory for your computer. Set Minecraft's process to high priority. Do disk cleanups often. Hope it helps.. In some way. :)

destructor23

Spectator
Reaction score
Hmmm, seems like a good idea. I seem to have trouble doing it though. Is it possible to give me step-by-step instructions?

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Delete some mods texture packs or worlds on your Minecraft.
That's what I do.

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
High memory usage is a common problem with Minecraft as it keeps the chunks nearby in RAM which is highly problematic but there is no other way to keep it running so smoothly. This is not a server side problem but a client problem as the server is merely telling the game what to do and not what to load.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Great explanation K!
You should be able to fix this now and minecraft should stop running out of RAM.
Please post here again if not and we will try to help.
Kind Regards
Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci