• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Jumping before a fight.

F

FatPandasFTW

Should you ever jump before a pvp fight? Or should you just stay sprinting on the ground? Which way is better?

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Well jumping induces critical hits which deal more damage, but has less mobility. But if you jump while strafing, maybe you could pull it off.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I usually jump into a fight and most of the time I win that fight, so I think jumping into a fight is better as you are more likely to get a critical. :)

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I tend to find myself "jumping into a fight" quite often. I feel it's the only safe time to really purposefully jump in a fight reliably. Jumping the whole fight is like block hitting in an improper situation: The "double damage" aspect makes it sound really appealing, but the huge lack of mobility you have makes you really easy to push around. The way you take knockback damage tends to cause you to take extra hits a lot, which pretty much negates the effect you got from the criticals, especially if the opponent is "jumping back into the fight" for criticals often.

I find jumping into a fight is quite effective, as long as you don't go straight at the opponent. Jump to the side when doing it. It's quite uncommon it backfire, unless the opponent sees it coming, which if you make yourself unpredictable enough, would be nearly impossible to do reliably. This is even if they know how to in the first place.

fatcatcocoa1999

Survivor
Reaction score
Like G33ke said just jump to the side, it usually catches them off guard. Lol, I reported fatpandas for sprint hacks.

thoboss117

Tribute
Reaction score
I play a lot of pvp and always when someone jumps at the start they get the first hit, and about jumping to the side its good i found to hit them in midair so they cant counter it

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
that works or what has worked for me so many times is to just literally walk at them and just keep swinging, they try strafe around you just keep walking and hit wherever you go. It works so well. The amount of knockback in my concept is the same speed as you walking, so you can hit them non stop and they can't hit you at all.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Depends if you mean as in jumping for criticals to initiate a fight, or to be a lunatic who bunny hops around into swords.

thoboss117

Tribute
Reaction score
ninga i auctually learned that a year ago and i like to run jump then midair i start to walk if i hit them i get them in a deathlock and Shaun Depro sometimes jumping around like a lunatic works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci