• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Time for You to Step Down; an open letter to Chad

Do you think Chad should resign and sell the MCGamer Network?

• Yes - New Co-Owner (50/50 split)

• Yes - New Owner (Chad resigns fully)

• Yes - New owner, but Chad stays around (51/49 split or bigger)

• No - Chad stays here as it is

• No - New administration is needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Before I start, there's a few things I want to get out of the way. First of all this is NOT a hate thread. I love MCGamer; always have, probably always will. Second, this is NOT intended to cause flame and hate towards the server and/or Chad. He's a great guy and, like it or not, is in charge of the best SG server around. I won't tolerate any BS hateful and offensive comments. Third, this is NOT a long, detailed list of every single one of MCGamer's screwups. There's enough of those threads around, and although I agree MCGamer has made lots of mistakes, those won't be the purpose of this thread. If this gets removed (which I hope won't happen, as I've tried very hard to put as little un-necessary drama in here as possible), then please just let me know what exactly I did wrong and I'll be willing to comply.

Onto the letter.

To ChadTheDJ,

Hello! Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Justin, but many simply call me Jusser. I'm 18, and I've been playing since late 2012 with friends. I first logged onto MCSG in late 2012, and I bought my own account mid 2013. I've currently got 4 maps that I've helped build be accepted to the servers with more on the way! MCGamer (then lovingly known as Minecraft Survival Games (MCSG)) was the reason why I purchased Minecraft in the first place, and I don't regret that decision one bit.

However, for the past few months, I've noticed players become increasingly less tolerant of the server, of the community and of the server. Many long threads have come around asking to 'fix' the servers various issues, and to some degree they have been effective. Many great ideas have come around, and the community has proved itself to be willing and able to help bring change to the server we so dearly love to play on. Yet, people are still leaving and complaining about issues that the staff claim to have taken care of. Players who have played since the very beginning and have been dedicated members of the community are slowly leaving for other games/servers. Look at the player count; where it used to peak at 10,000+, at launch 4 years ago; now the peaks are literally as big as the low times of before, with the low times now averaging around 300-350 players at best. And, as the founder and CEO of your business, it is your job to take responsibility for the errors of your company, whether you like it or not. I believe you are no longer qualified to lead MCGamer to success, which leads me to no other solution than to call for your resignation.

First of all, you can't be qualified to lead a server if you're not there to lead it. I've talked with lots of staff members both current and resigned, and they all point towards the same thing: you simply haven't been as active as a leader as you have been in the past. Don't believe me? Let's take a look at your profile now, shall we?

I understand you're a busy man; you own your own IT business, manage MCGamer part time and undoubtedly have other priorities that life brings you; bills, relationships, hobbies and more. However, if MCGamer is going to grow to a point where it is once again renowned for its quality of a server, it takes leadership and a lot more than you've been giving. If you want to manage this server as a hobby (as you have said you do in your most recent Q&A), then fine. But don't expect anymore success or sympathy from us; the server will slowly starve and die as the player base has already predicted. No businessman in their right mind would ever want their business to slowly starve and die to the point where it loses money; no! Instead, they work hard and hire the right people to make it thrive and succeed.

Secondly, you can't be qualified to lead a server if you aren't keeping updated on your vision of the business. I've noticed that you (and the other staff members) try to push a rhetoric that wants players to only play MCGamer and avoid all other servers. Which is fine, of course, but the problem arises when you aren't keeping up to date with the competition and their plans. I myself keep up to date with many of the other competing servers and let me tell you, the ones that succeed are the ones who know what other servers offer and do one step better. Looking at what the server has chosen to focus on and how they focus on it, I'm not exactly reassured that you've got everything under control.

Third, you can't be qualified to lead a server if you aren't keeping us as the customers updated on your plans. When you finally came back around to do a Q&A you gave us lots of promises and timeframes, most of which have happened way past the deadline or haven't happened at all. Again this is OK to have delayed deadlines and such; however, us as the community aren't told why the updates are delayed nor the plans in the first place. The new anti cheat, MCSG Maker, the esteemed 'FNS glitch'; us as the players are mostly kept out of the loop on these things and instead are sit waiting for this 'secret' update to hopefully come out on time. Other competing servers (no names, but you know what it is) have gotten the respect of the community because of their incredible ability of being public about the plans of their network. Yes, you did have a Q&A, but just having Q&A's doesn't cut it. As a CEO, you need to accurately represent the community as a whole and help lead us to success.

These three points have lead me to the conclusion that Chad should resign and/or sell the network to a new individual/group who would be motivated to help change the server for the better. With an experienced new owner, the server will regain many of the players that they have lost. The community would stop flaming and hating the server and, once again, be inspired to help change the server for the better. The communities view of the server (and the representative youtubers and streamers) would view this place in a positive light again, which helps bring more players to the server and just plain old makes things fun again.

Now, there's a few options going forth. I'll give a brief listing of the options I think are reasonable going forward.

1) Chad sells the network completely and resigns as Owner and Administrator. A new owner (or group of owners) take over as this role and represent the future of MCGamer.

2) Chad sells 50% of the network and invites a new co-owner in which he splits responsibility and control of the Owner role. This means that both owners would have equal control of the network; one cannot veto the other, but both have equal control of the server. This is a viable option because this means that both owners would have accountability to each other; if one isn't making the right decisions then the other can help keep him accountable since they both have equal control of the server.

3) Chad sells 51% or more of the network and invites a new co-owner which takes the majority of control of the network. This would mean Chad would have more of an administrator role than an owner role; technically he could make big decisions but at the end of the day the 51% owner would be able to legally veto Chad's power as an owner. This is my (biased) opinion on what should happen; although Chad isn't as active or as qualified of an owner as he should be, he still has valuable experience that can help guide the future of MCGamer.

4) Chad doesn't sell the network and everything stays as is.

Perhaps Chad was a great owner in the past, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be here anymore. So why is he? It's time for Chad to do what he should have done a long time ago: sell MCGamer and move on. I believe that if Chad were to sell MCGamer, it would be a positive change. Thousands of players who had since 'abandoned' the server would easily come back when they see that significant changes are being made.

ChadTheDJ

Last edited:

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
EDIT: Added a 5th poll option

EDIT 2: Changed the wording of the title from 'Resign' to 'Step Down'

Last edited:

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
A lot of drama could start if Chad did resign. Realistically it would be the biggest event in MCSG history and if the situation is as critical as you say, would you want to risk that?

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I think honestly it would be a good idea to have two owners or maybe three. There are many staff members that could do an amazing job in that role. I think Chad should stay but maybe have someone like Devin or a member of the Administration Team take on the role as they have made countless great updates to the server. I would be possibly open to a locally hired Owner to but the more experience the better.

^•^

Platinum
Reaction score
If chad was too resign, It could be really bad. I don't feel like he would do it to a network he made from out these years..

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
A lot of drama could start if Chad did resign. Realistically it would be the biggest event in MCSG history and if the situation is as critical as you say, would you want to risk that?
The server's at a point where you need to take risks. Nobody's ever gotten anywhere by playing it safe and not doing anything. PS read the letter
If chad was too resign, It could be really bad. I don't feel like he would do it to a network he made from out these years..
I see this as a positive thing, as the best way to make the server grow back to its original potential. Chad doesn't necessarily have to leave altogether, there are 4 options as you can see if you read the post. Three of those involve Chad staying around.

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
I say they do what they did a long time ago. Fire all the staff. After that, get an anti-cheat that works. Simple.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
The server's at a point where you need to take risks. Nobody's ever gotten anywhere by playing it safe and not doing anything. PS read the letter
I read the letter point by point, but I'd rather not post on this subject since I don't want to post something that could falsely defame the staff team.

You're not wron with the risks part. If things go right you play safe if things go wrong you take risks is a saying you can apply to almost anything. However when you can it is best that you take calculated risks and it doesn't seem like you calculated all the cons to your idea. I'll give you a few:

1. How an you be certain that the new Owners would be "better" than our current Owner. For that you need statistics from the current Owner and possible future Owner which is almost impossible for you to obtain.

2. What would be the communities reaction? We can come up with as many theories as you want, but being able to consistently predict a communities reaction to certain situations is close to impossible. Since we can't really make a theory it would be based off of assumptions in which you never want to do as a CEO.

And the list goes on and on. Now don't get me wrong you have done a top notch job on the thread and it really shows that you've researched and spent time getting your facts instead of just babbling out words, but in my opinion, I do not believe this risk is calculated enough when there are safer risks that are still yet to be taken. Getting the Owner to resign by a mass demonstration (no matter how hard you try people will always take things too far) seems a bit to extreme to me.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Chad always keeps track of the servers. When a server goes down for any reason he's always the first to catch it and notify the devs.

He also hired new staff and gave them the power to govern the server without his direct supervision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci