• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Item Lag when Opening and Taking Things from Chests

Harpcade

Spectator
Reaction score
Whenever I am in a game, and I head for the middle, I open and shift click an item, and I freeze for around 4 seconds, only to find out that my items that I took are gone.
I have the latest version of Optifine and my settings are as fast as they can go.
If anyone knows this problem and a solution please post it below.
Thank you.

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the server you play on is laggy for you. If you play US, play US. Don't play Eu, AS etc.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
The items disappear because multiple people opened the same chest and took the item at the exact same time. The game takes a second to figure out who actually took it first. This can result in a "ghost" item in the hands of anyone other than the true taker. It sucks, but there's no way around it.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Does that include the lag aswell?
That might just be a general lag problem. It can be caused by so many people opening chests at once. Try allocating more memory to Minecraft. Optimize for fast performance.

Harpcade

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, i'll try that. Thanks for the help, I'll report again if that doesn't help.

DaaNieBoY

Survivor
Reaction score
It can also just be server lag I have the same problems sometimes, maybe change something in your options so lower quallity and stuff.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
It can also just be server lag I have the same problems sometimes, maybe change something in your options so lower quallity and stuff.
Im sure its just some Simple server lag. Not FPS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci