• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is there any sort of pattern to chest tiering?

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel that whenever I manage to find a somewhat decent chest route, it's usually due to pure dumb luck. Is there any sort of pattern to where tier 2s are hidden? People keep saying that they're in hard to reach places, but usually those end up being tier 1s. Then I see someone on youtube open up a bunch of tier 2s that they found randomly sitting on the ground or some other place I wouldn't think would have a tier 2. Some maps I just fail to find any tier 2s whatsoever, only to see that the first guy I have to fight is full iron. Where do people manage to find all these OP routes so easily? Some people have routes the same day a map comes out. With me I usually have to play the map a ton of times in order to find an average route at best (except for that one time I lucked out in Fortune Island and found a ton of tier 2s clumped together along a single river). And everyone who's good at looting spawn chests usually bombs the youtuber routes, so those are out of the question.

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
Play a lot and try to memorize chests. Try to go as far away from spawn as possible. Don't go into the first house you see as you most likely won't find any tier 2's. If you have problems making your own chest routes you could always search on YouTube: "map name... chest route". I've played almost 2000 games and I know almost every tier 2 on the most popular maps (Valleyside University, TW2, Holiday Resort, Survival Games 4, Lobby Games, Moonbase 9, Icarus, Avaricia)

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Play a lot and try to memorize chests. Try to go as far away from spawn as possible. Don't go into the first house you see as you most likely won't find any tier 2's. If you have problems making your own chest routes you could always search on YouTube: "map name... chest route". I've played almost 2000 games and I know almost every tier 2 on the most popular maps (Valleyside University, TW2, Holiday Resort, Survival Games 4, Lobby Games, Moonbase 9, Icarus, Avaricia)
The staff manually tier the chests. I have no idea who or what their modus operandi are, but usually tier IIs are supposed[/b[ to be in hard to reach places. Some, like the Sand Pit Tier II on Holiday Resort by the golf club, are designed to be easily accessible to newer, less-skilled players. Others, such as the fountain chests on Valleyside, remain tier II because one is easily snuck up on or trapped while getting them.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you don't have really good routes yet, just try to look them up on YouTube. Try to find different ones and memorize them so in case your main route would be taken, you could always rely on a back-up one. If it's still difficult to find/get tier 2's, try to skip the cornucopia and go to your main route at once. Remember to still take the tier 1's as well since you have more chance on a weapon in a tier 1 than in a tier 2. On some maps I never even take corn because otherwise I would practically have nothing in the game then (e.g. Moonbase9, Lobby Games, sometimes Holiday Resort).

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I've found that skipping corn used to work really well in the past, but ever since they beefed up all the chests, people regularly get full armor + a stone sword right off spawn, and usually kill me while I'm at my first 2 chests. Maybe the idea of skipping a bunch of chests at the start would work, though I still feel like I'm missing a bunch of important loot while doing that.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've found that skipping corn used to work really well in the past, but ever since they beefed up all the chests, people regularly get full armor + a stone sword right off spawn, and usually kill me while I'm at my first 2 chests. Maybe the idea of skipping a bunch of chests at the start would work, though I still feel like I'm missing a bunch of important loot while doing that.
MCSG is a complex game...

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
What I don't get about Breeze Island is that one game a chest will be tier 2, and then the next game, it will be tier 1. :confused:
You are probably wrong. Where is the location of this chest you are talking about?

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
The staff manually tier the chests. I have no idea who or what their modus operandi are, but usually tier IIs are supposed[/b[ to be in hard to reach places. Some, like the Sand Pit Tier II on Holiday Resort by the golf club, are designed to be easily accessible to newer, less-skilled players. Others, such as the fountain chests on Valleyside, remain tier II because one is easily snuck up on or trapped while getting them.
Actually, now the map makers tier their own maps I believe.

Last edited:

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
As someone who tiers maps, I personally like to (after selecting precisely how many tier 2's I was going to be placing) find the highest, most dangerous to get to places and put tier 2s there first. Then, I find the more hidden locations and select those as tier twos.. after that, if I have any left, It goes randomly within a decent distance from eachother.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
And some maps, such as Breeze Island, have practically no tier 2s on at all. :(
Even the cornucopia chests aren't all tier 2 :(
Actually, now the map makers tier their own maps I believe.
Yeah they place ended chests for tier 2 and normal for tier 1 I believe :3 But not always sometimes staff do it as well/check the tiered chests are in suitable places

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci